As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Very Berry Dump Cake Recipe: a delicious and simple berry dessert that uses pantry items. Serve this berry dump cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream at any gathering.
Very Berry Dump Cake Recipe
Berry desserts are my favorite and this very berry dump cake is making it’s way to the top of my list. This dump cake is an easy semi-homemade recipe that is centered around a cake mix like our funfetti cake mix cookies and strawberry cake mix brownies. Underneath the crunchy cake mix you have a delicious berry filling that reminds me of our favorite triple berry pie with a quarter of the work.
While I know the name “dump cake” may not be the most appetizing name for this recipe, it really does describe exactly what you need to do to enjoy this dessert. It’s as simple as dumping your ingredients in one 9 x 13 inch pan and baking it until the top is a delicious golden brown.
How to make Very Berry Dump Cake Recipe:
- Gather your four main ingredients: white cake mix, berry pie filling, butter, and lemon. The lemon is even optional 🙂
- Start by pouring your berry pie filling in a large 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Top with fresh lemon zest. This step is optional but I always love the added pop of flavor lemon zest brings to berry type desserts.
- Sprinkle your cake mix over the berry pie filling. You just want to use the powder directly from the cake mix bag. No need for the ingredients it calls for on the back of the box. Make sure to spread the cake mix evenly on top of your very berry pie filling.
- Top with butter. This recipe calls for 12 Tablespoons of butter. Yes, I know it’s a lot of butter but it’s also a dessert and even sugary desserts are okay in moderation right?! 🙂 The butter is also key to giving the top of the cake a pretty and slightly crunchy golden “crust.”
This very berry dump cake is great to serve at parties, picnics and other gatherings! It’s a perfect dish to pass. We like to serve ours with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. You can serve the cake warm out of the oven or at room temperature. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, if it lasts that long 🙂
Very Berry Dump Cake Recipe
- 1 pkg cake mix, vanilla or white just the powder
- 2 cans mixed berry pie filling, 21 ounce cans
- zest of one lemon
- 12 TBSP butter
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Pour mixed berry pie filling in pan.
- Top with zest of one lemon, this step is optional. I just like the extra pop of flavor the lemon brings in berry desserts.
- Sprinkle cake mix powder on top of berry pie filling being sure to cover all areas evenly.
- Cut your butter into small cubes and place on top of cake mix. Be sure to spread butter equally on top to ensure a golden crust.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until berry filling is bubbly and the cake mix is a delicious golden brown and crumbly.
For more “More Semi-Homemade Cakes”: