Pineapple Pudding Cake: a white cake topped with a delicious pineapple pudding filling and finished with a maraschino cherry. All the tropical flavors in one simple dessert.
Pineapple Pudding Cake:
This pineapple pudding cake is light, fluffy and easy to make! It has all the delicious tropical flavors summer brings in one simple dessert. To make things even faster I use a white cake mix. It’s a yummy dish to pass around at family gatherings, potlucks and summer bbq’s. You can even make this a day ahead of your party to save time. I actually prefer the taste of the cake after it has been in the refrigerator for a few hours. It really allows the flavors to blend.
How to make Pineapple Pudding Cake
- You will want to bake your cake according to the box if the ingredients are different than the ones I listed. Some box mixes require less eggs.
- While your cake is baking mix together your pudding and milk and let set until firm. Slowly add your crushed pineapple. Make sure it’s been drained well. Add a small amount at a time making sure your filling doesn’t become to “liquidy.” Store your filling in the refrigerator until it’s time to layer the cake.
- Once your cake has baked allow it to cool completely before adding the pineapple layer.
- Top with Cool Whip, walnuts, and maraschino cherries for a pretty finish.
Photos by The PkP Way
Pineapple Pudding Cake
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 box of White Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 3 Egg Whites
For The Pudding Topping
- 1 small pkg Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 large can crushed pineapple drained well
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries
FOR THE CAKE
- Mix together cake ingredients for 2 minutes on medium speed. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour into a greased 9 in. x 13 in. pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
FOR THE PUDDING MIXTURE
- Whisk the pudding package with two cups of milk for 2 minutes and allow to set and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add DRAINED crushed pineapple slowly making sure your filling doesn't get to liquidy.
- Set aside in refrigerator until ready to layer cake.
- Pour pudding mixture on top of the cake. Top with Cool Whip, crushed walnuts and maraschino cherries. Refrigerate until ready to serve