As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Skinny Shamrock Shake: a yummy shamrock shake that is lower in calorie but still filled with a delicious creamy mint flavor!
Skinny Shamrock Shake
It’s Shamrock Shake season and I love the cool flavor of this popular minty shake but not the necessarily all the calories that are in it! I decided to lighten up this yummy dessert shake with a few simple swaps like using a low fat/ no sugar added vanilla ice cream and unsweetened vanilla almond milk and I promise, you won’t miss a thing!
Ingredients needed for Skinny Shamrock Shake
- vanilla ice cream, to save calories we use a low fat or higher protein ice cream such as Halo Top
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- whipping topping, optional
- maraschino cherries, optional
How to make Skinny Shamrock Shake
- Mix together vanilla ice cream, almond milk, extract, and food coloring in a blender until smooth.
- To make a thicker smoother add two ice cubes at a time until desired consistency
- Pour into three glasses and top with whipped topping and a maraschino cherry if desired.
- You can also add a touch of sprinkles for a extra special touch that the kids really love 🙂
Skinny Shamrock Shake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt to save on calories you can use a low fat ice cream or a higher protein like Halo or Enlighten
- 1/2-3/4 cup Almond Milk, I prefer unsweetened vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 4 ice cubes, if needed for a thicker shake
- whipped cream and cherries for toppings
- Mix together the vanilla ice cream, almond milk, extract, food coloring in a blender until smooth.
- Add ice cubes two at a time to make a thicker shake if desired. Top with whipping cream and a maraschino cherry.
For more delicious drink ideas you should try these:
AM GOING TO TRY THIS IN MY SNACK TIME …
YOU MADE MY DAY,,,,,, AM SO FOODY OERSON .
THANK YOU SO MUCH
This is really amazing! A must-make for St. Patrick’s Day!
My kids are going to go crazy over these! Such a fun after school treat!
Made this for the family and it was a hit!
Can I try this in any other flavor? Looking forward to get a reply soon. Thanks for sharing.
Love this blog. Thanks for sharing
Looking forward to making and serving it this evening at a get together ?? ?? It looks so good!!!
And… Is that pure extract it artificial?
I used pure.
Thanks! Making right now. 😉
Moe a.k.a. @bigggirlblue says
Did you add something to make it green? My extract is clear.
Just green food coloring…looks like I missed putting that in the ingredients! Sorry! 🙂
This looks great, but you have to remember what you are putting in your body…cool whip is not the best we can do….cool whip is loaded with chemicals, and so is any sugar substitute, (ie; equal, splenda, sweet n low). This gets trapped in our fat cells, and cannot be processed, in the long run, causing us to get fatter and have a hard time losing weight. Fat is not our enemy…chemicals are! Our bodies are better able to process and eliminate good old fashioned whipped cream, honey, and full fat frozen yogurt (always buy organic dairy products), and whip it up real quick…then you truly could call this a SKINNY shamrock shake
I appreciate your opinion
Your shake looks amazing, and I think I have everything in the fridge to make it! Great recipe!! I would be thrilled if you would link them to my “Get Your Blarney On”
link party! It’s all about celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! http://bit.ly/1luIm3M
Hope to see you there!
Rach @ EazyPeazyMealz says
Skinny shake….sign me up! How fun and festive. Can’t wait to make it for my kiddos! Found you on Design it Friday link up. Glad I did.
Just wanted to let you know I am sharing your wonderful post tomorrow in my “100 Something Green St. Patricks Day RoundUp” http://wp.me/p466oG-11f with a link back to your original post plus pinned to my St. Patricks Day Board! Have a terrific weekend!
Cathy from APeekIntoMyParadise.com
Sabrina @ Hiccups in my Hair says
Ohhhh….that does look tasty! I love to eat green dessert…don’t ask me why =)
[email protected] says
This looks so yummy, Katie! I knew there was another shake that I wanted to include in the roundup I posted today, but I couldn’t remember where I saw it. I remembered when I saw it on your party post. Sorry I missed it! That’s what happens when I forgot to pin my favorite stuff! Pinning now!
Katie I’ll definitely be making some of these shakes…YUM!