As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Frosted lemonade is a cool, refreshing treat and a fun spin on your typical summer beverage. It’s a hit with kids and adults alike!
Homemade Frosted Lemonade
Have you ever tried Chick-Fil-A’s frosted lemonade? Their lemonade is the perfect balance of sweet and tart that pairs perfectly with their other menu items. If I’m craving more of a dessert beverage that’s not as heavy as a milkshake, frosted lemonade is my go-to choice. Frosted lemonade is essentially a lemonade and milkshake hybrid, and it is hands-down one of my favorite treats. It might sound strange, but the tangy flavor of lemon and smooth vanilla ice cream taste delicious when mixed together!
Once I figured out how to make frosted lemonade at home, I knew I had to share it with all of you. This is a fantastic treat for hot summer days. My whole family loves it, too. Best of all, it is so easy to make. All you need is a high-speed blender and four simple ingredients.
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTED LEMONADE
Good news — you probably already have these ingredients for homemade frosted lemonade on hand. If not, they are inexpensive and super easy to get. Here is what you will need:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Homestyle vanilla ice cream
- Ice cold water
Tips for Making Frosted Lemonade
- Ensuring your water is ice cold is key to reaching your desired consistency. I like to measure out the water and add in some ice cubes. Then, I let that sit until I’m ready to mix up all of the ingredients. If the ice cubes haven’t melted by the time I’m ready to blend everything together, I’ll simply remove them. Leaving the ice cubes in will give you an icier texture, not the creamy one we’re going for!
- You definitely want to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe. It makes all the difference in the world! The stuff in a bottle just doesn’t have that fresh, flavorful taste we’re going for.
- Homestyle vanilla ice cream tastes the best in this recipe. It also helps achieve the perfect creamy consistency. I recommend seeking out that flavor at the grocery store!
How do you serve frosted lemonade?
I’d recommend serving your frosted lemonade in a tall glass with a straw. Just like a milkshake, frosted lemonade should be a bit thick, and a straw makes it a lot easier to drink. I like to use fun, colorful straws when I serve mine. You can find colorful straws at most grocery stores and on Amazon! If you’re worried about frosted lemonade melting too fast, you could serve it in an insulated cup like a Yeti to keep everything chilled.
How many lemons will you need to get ⅓ cup of juice?
It depends on how juicy your lemons are and what size they are, but a large lemon typically produces about ¼ cup of juice. Sometimes I only need one to reach ⅓ cup, but make sure you have two or three on hand when making this recipe just in case. When looking for good lemons for juicing at the store, choose ones that feel heavier and have thinner skin. These are indicators that the lemon will yield more juice when you squeeze it!
What’s the best way to juice a lemon?
Before you slice your lemons, roll them on a cutting board, pressing down on them firmly with the palm of your hand. This helps get more juice out of the lemons. When cutting your lemons, slice them across the middle instead of lengthwise. You can use a lemon juicer to squeeze all the goodness out or simply use your hands. If you have an open cut, be sure to use gloves — that stuff will sting! I like to strain my lemon juice before adding it to the blender. Straining helps get out the pulp and any seeds that snuck their way in.
Homemade Frosted Lemonade Recipe
With just four simple ingredients and a blender, you’ll be on your way to enjoying a refreshing sweet treat! This frosted lemonade is something you’ll want to make all summer long.
- ⅓ cup freshly squeeze lemon juice
- ⅓ cup ice cold water
- 4 TBSP sugar
- 3 cups Homestyle Vanilla Ice Cream
For more refreshing Summer Treats you should try these:
- Kool-Aid Slushies
- Homemade Lemonade
- Sweetheart Punch
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Tropical Party Punch
Leave a Reply