As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Strawberry Lemonade Bars are a delicious bite of summer! Tangy lemonade and sweet strawberries make this a dessert you will be begging for seconds!
One of my absolute favorite flavors to bake with is lemon. My lemon coconut poppy seed waffles are one of my families favorite breakfast waffles! Lemon adds such a fun tangy-ness to a recipe and fills the air with such a fresh scent. One of my favorite desserts is the classic lemon bar but we decided to make this delicious strawberry lemonade bars with some extra strawberries we had. These strawberry lemonade bars are the perfect balance of sweet and tart–just the way I like it! We tend to like our bars on the tart side so if you would prefer your bars sweeter just add a tad more sugar!
Of course no variety of lemon bars are complete without a sprinkle of confectioners sugar. There is something about biting into that sweet layer before you taste the tartness.
Strawberry Lemonade Bars
FOR THE CRUST
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- Zest of one Lemon
- 8-10 Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour, plus 1 TBSP
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Crust
- Beat together sugar and butter until light and creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour and salt until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture into a 9 in. x 13 in. pan and bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes.
For the Filling
- Place all filling ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the hot crust when it's finished baking.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Serve warm or chill in refrigerator until later use.
These are one of our favorite recipes and it really just seems to “scream” summer to me. During the summer months strawberries and lemons are in season which makes this the perfect dessert! It’s pretty enough to serve at a brunch with your closest girlfriends or just celebrating a day well done 🙂
If you like these strawberry lemonade bars you should try our Strawberry Poke Cake