As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This strawberry poke cake is a delicious dessert recipe! Start with a boxed cake mix and add some strawberry jello for a yummy and pretty treat!
STRAWBERRY JELLO POKE CAKE
This strawberry poke cake is not only delicious but it’s so simple! The strawberry jello adds a fun pop of flavor and color to the cake. It’s great for parties, holidays and potlucks. Don’t have strawberry jello on hand? You can swap the strawberry jello for pretty much any flavored jello you love! Lime, Raspberry and lemon Jello are all delicious options!
Ingredients for Poke Cake:
- Cake mix, and ingredients called for on the box
- Jello, 3.5 ounce box, strawberry or any flavor your choose
- 1 cup boiling water
How to Make Strawberry Poke Cake
Being that each cake mix has different directions your steps in baking may vary. Simply bake your cake mix according to the box directions. For my cake mix I decided to use a white cake mix but a yellow cake works fine as well!
After you bake your cake according to the package, allow it to cool to room temperature. Use a thin wooden spoon, wooden skewer or any round kitchen item to poke various holes in the cooled cake.
Mix together your Jell-O with the boiling water until all the sugar has dissolved. Carefully pour the Jell-O mixture over the cake. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to one hour.
Once your cake has the chance to cool and the jello has a chance to fully saturate the cake, top with CoolWhip and cut strawberries, if desired. This cake turns out perfectly moist and delicious every time! It’s a crowd pleaser and even lasts a few days in the refrigerator for leftovers 🙂
For more Poke Cake Recipes you should try these:
Strawberry Poke Cake
- 1 white cake mix, prepared with ingredients listed on the box
- 3.5 ounce box of strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cups cold water
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip
- Prepare your boxed cake mix with the ingredients listed on the box along with the directions listed. Allow to cool.
- Poke holes in cooled cake with a knife, serving fork or straw.
- Add strawberry jello powder to a small bowl and whisk with boiling water until sugar has dissolved. Add cold water.
- Pour Jello mixture over cake and allow to seep in between the holes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with Cool Whip and sliced strawberries if desired.