As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies: simple, delicious, and bursting with fun colorful sprinkles that the kids will love!
Easy Funfetti Cookies
When I was a little girl I always wanted “the cake with the colorful sprinkles” for my birthday! I always thought my mom was such a great baker because she managed to get the inside of the cake so colorful. Now, don’t get me wrong, my mom is an amazing baker. I just didn’t realize the base of that delicious birthday cake was a cake mix – at the time. 🙂
I love how soft these cookies are and the sprinkles add a fun pop of color! These easy funfetti cookies are perfect for kids to enjoy, a birthday party, St. Patrick’s Day, any spring holiday, and sweet summertime! If you love confetti cake, you will love these fun recipes and colorful cookies. You can certainly make your own sprinkle funfetti cake with your favorite homemade white cake recipe and adding sprinkles, but for these funfetti cake mix cookies, we used a boxed cake mix.
Ingredients for Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
The simple ingredients in this recipe are easy to find at any grocery store. The best part is that it’s as simple as adding a few wet ingredients to the cake mix and you’re good to go!
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix , or white cake mix (you will need to add your own sprinkles to the batter)
- 2 TBSP sprinkles, optional
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Rainbow Sprinkles, Nonpareils or Jimmies for rolling or sprinkling, optional
We like to make our funfetti cake mix cookies a few different ways. I always add a couple of tablespoons of extra sprinkles to the batter, but that is just a personal preference for added color and fun. We love to roll our cookies in rainbow circle sprinkles, also known as nonpareils. We also like to just sprinkle a few extra rainbow jimmies on the top of some cookies. You don’t even have to add extra colorful sprinkles to the cookies…the sprinkles in the batter stand out all on their own if you don’t want to add extra.
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. ( Batter will be thick)
- Add additional sprinkles to the batter if desired. Mix until the cake batter is moist and all ingredients are blended together well.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls or use a 1-inch cookie scoop. Roll the dough into extra sprinkles or top with extra sprinkles if you wish. Drop them onto a non-stick baking sheet or pre-greased pan.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once they are done baking, place the cookies on a cooling rack or parchment paper before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. I guarantee they won’t last that long though.
I used Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix but you could even use their white or chocolate cake mix and just add sprinkles to the batter. Any pre-made box of funfetti cake mix will do, just follow the recipe to make delicious cookies! Betty Crocker also has an amazing funfetti cake mix you can find at the grocery store.
Can I Use Chocolate Funfetti Cake Mix?
Absolutely! Instead of a vanilla-based cookie, you will end up with a chocolate one. While I haven’t tried yet, I imagine they are very similar!
This recipe will make some of the easiest cookies ever. Who knew how easy cake mix cookies could be to bake!
If you love cake mix cookies, you will love our Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies, Lemon Cake Mix Cookies, Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies, and Double Chocolate Cookies as well! These are all made with cake mix from the box and provide a soft texture and perfect consistency to the cookies that you and your little bakers will love.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix – do not use the ingredients listed on the box you can make your own by using a white cake mix and adding your own sprinkles
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP sprinkles , optional
- Sprinkles , Nonpareils or Jimmies for rolling or sprinkling, optional
- Mix together cake mix, canola oil and eggs.1 box Funfetti cake mix – do not use the ingredients listed on the box, 1/3 cup canola oil, 2 eggs
- Add additional sprinkles if desired. Mix until batter is moist and ingredients are blended.2 TBSP sprinkles
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls or use a 1 inch cookie scoop. Roll dough into extra sprinkles or top with extra sprinkles if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden. (depending on oven – make take more or less time)