As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Koo-Aid Slushies are a fun icy sweet drink to make for the hot summer months! Kids will love the bright colors and delicious flavors!
Kool-Aid Slushies Recipe
Craving a frosty summer treat? These Kool-Aid slushies are just what you need! Kool-Aid slushies are the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day. They are sweet, icy, and taste just as good as the ones you can get at the convenience store or gas station. The kids will absolutely love them, too!
Easy Slushies at Home
Slushie weather is quickly approaching, and by slushie weather, I mean hot summer temperatures! These easy slushies will quickly become your kids’ favorite summer refreshment. They are a great way to cool down after a long day at the pool or playing in the sun. Plus, you will save money by making your own slushies at home rather than buying them at a convenience store! Since you can whip up a big batch of them for a crowd by doubling or tripling the recipe, they would be a fantastic treat to make at a kid’s birthday or pool party.
How should you serve these Kool-Aid slushies?
We served our Kool-Aid slushies up in some adorable mason jars with handles on the sides. You could find a similar glass at the Dollar Tree or on Amazon, but feel free to serve them in whatever cups you prefer. If the kids are taking their slushies outside, you may want to serve them in plastic cups to avoid accidents involving broken glass.
To make sipping them easier, I recommend using straws. For thicker slushies, opt for wider straws. You could even seek out the slushie straws that you would find at the gas station if you’d like! We used these super cute paper straws with colorful stripes. I love how the colors of the stripes contrast with the bright shades of Kool-Aid.
Ingredients you’ll need to make your own Kool-Aid Slushies
You only need four simple ingredients to make Kool-Aid slushies right at home! I would recommend stocking up on the supplies… Once you see how easy and delicious they are to make, you’ll want to whip up a batch again and again — and the kids will be asking for more, too!
Here is what you will need:
- Club Soda
- Packets of Kool-Aid Drink Mix, in whatever colors or flavors your family likes
Tips for making these Slushies
- If you don’t have club soda on hand, water will work fine in these slushies. Just keep in mind that it won’t have that classic gas station slushie flavor or exactly the right texture without the club soda. It’s the secret ingredient that really makes these slushies taste like the ones from your childhood!
- We chose 3 Kool-Aid colors when we made these — green, blue, and red. However, you can absolutely choose any flavors you and your family loves.
- Don’t have Kool-Aid drink mix on hand, or don’t want to use it? Feel free to swap in any drink mix that you think would work well as a slushie flavor. They sell several different kinds of powdered drink mix at stores, and you can have fun playing around with them to create all sorts of flavored slushies. You will never get bored of just one flavor!
- Whether you like your slushies on the icy side or a little smoother, you can play around with the amount of ice and how much you blend to achieve the perfect slushie consistency for you. Your blender may also affect the consistency of your slushie, so keep that in mind. For older blenders or ones with duller blades, you might want to start out with smaller pieces of ice (like pellet ice) to get the best, most even consistency.
Kool-Aid Slushies Recipe
These Kool-Aid Slushies are just as fun to make as they are delicious! Enjoy them on a hot summer’s day or whenever the mood strikes. The kids will go crazy for these slushies!
- 8 ounces of Club Soda
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 packet Kool-Aid Drink Mix in the flavor of your choosing
- 3-4 cups ice
1. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
2. Blend until thick or desired consistency (however you like your slushies).
3. Start with 3 cups of ice and add more if needed.
4. You’re done! Once you’ve achieved your desired consistency, serve it up and enjoy!
- 8 ounces club soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packet Kool-Aid Drink mix
- 3-4 cups ice
- 1. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- 2. Blend until thick or desired consistency (however you like your slushies).
- 3. Start with 3 cups of ice and add more if needed.
- 4. You’re done! Once you’ve achieved your desired consistency, serve it up and enjoy!