Follow this simple tutorial for how to make homemade bubbles for the kids this summer! This solution works best with plastic bubble wands and makes enough to share with friends!
These homemade bubbles are such a fun activity for the kids! With only a few basic supplies and less than 5 minutes of time you can have a bubble solution ready for hours of play! Since you only need a small amount of bubble solution to play this makes the perfect amount to store for later or to give to friends as a summer time gift!
Homemade Bubbles without Glycerin
We tested out a few different methods to making our homemade bubbles – warm water vs cold, different amounts of dish soap and we even tested out using corn syrup vs glycerin. Our favorite solution ended up just using THREE simple pantry items (one being water!) and no waiting 24 hours like many glycerin recipes called for. Light Corn Syrup, Room Temperature Water and Dawn Dish Soap were the perfect bubble making ingredients for our afternoon.
The Best Bubble Wands for Bubbles
We also tested making our own bubble wands out of pipe cleaners vs plastic wands and we much preferred the plastic wands. After a bit of time the pipe cleaners got oversaturated and was making a bit of a mess. We found some really fun sets of plastic bubble wands on Amazon – these are a fun option and can be used over and over again. It was fun to see which wand made the biggest bubbles!
Ingredients needed for Homemade Bubbles:
- 3 Cups of Water – we preferred to use room temperature water
- 1/2 cup of Dawn Dish Soap – we only tested with the Blue variety
- 2 TBSP Light Corn Syrup – you can find this in the baking aisle of your grocery store
How to Make Homemade Bubbles:
- In a bowl mix together light corn syrup and dawn dish soap, do this carefully as you don’t want to create bubbles.
- Add water and mix slowly again until combined.
- Dip wands in bubble solution and play 🙂
- Store in air tight container when not using.
For more Summer Activities to do with your kids check out these: