Pool Noodle Boats: a fun summer kids craft they will love to play with on hot summer days. These boats are fun for the pool or just a bucket of water!
Pool Noodle Boats
I love having my kids home for the summer, but keeping them busy can sometimes be a challenge. These pool noodle boats are such a fun summer craft that is perfect for boys and girls. It’s an activity that is great for a for hot summer days! You can use these mini sail boats in a large pool, kiddie pool, or just a large bucket of water.
This post contains affiliate links
Add Toys For an Element of Play
While these mini sail boats are fun to play with just as they are it’s also fun to take a little play friend for a ride. Mini dinosaurs and unicorns are just two kinds of little toys that can be used for hours of play. You could also use Army men, Lego Figurines and My Little Pony Figurines.
Supplies needed to make Pool Noodle Boats
The supply list is just a bit long but once you have what you need it can make quite a few little boats, which makes this a fun craft to do at a playdate or to have for a party where multiple kids will be attending.
- Pool noodle
- Scrapbook paper
- Packing tap
- Hole punch
- Paper straws
- Coordinating ribbon
How to Make
- Cut pool noodle in to 1-1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut out triangles to use for sails. (I cut 3×3 inch squares in half diagonally but you can make
them whatever size you feel is best)
- Use packing tape to completely cover the sails. This will help keep the sail waterproof.
- Punch two holes in the sail and slide a straw through.
- Add coordinating ribbon to the top.
- Use a pencil (or ballpoint pen) to make a hole for the straw.
- Cut off approximately 2 inches from the straw and put in the pool noodle. If it’s too heavy, cut off
For more kid craft ideas try these: