As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Marbled Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies – a fun, colorful, and festive cut out cookie recipe that is perfect for Spring and Easter time! Kids will love the fun bunny shapes and the marbled colors.
We love celebrating all the major holidays with a little special treat or craft and these Marbled Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies are just perfect for the Springtime and Easter season! They are great for Easter baskets or to package up as a little gift! We decided to create a springtime version of our marbled fall leaf cut out cookies and we just love them!
Marbled Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies
These little bunny cookies are such a festive treat for Easter and Springtime and the kids will love seeing all the different marbled Bunnies they can get. They are the perfect addition to your Easter dinner dessert table or for your kids Easter baskets. They are also great for class parties and other social events. Add a little bunny bum with some frosting and white sprinkles and you have a cute cookie everyone will enjoy to eat.
What sugar cookie dough can I use to make these bunny cookies?
The sugar cookie recipe we use is a cross between a sugar cookie and a short bread cookie. The sugar cookie recipe is one of our family favorite recipe that we use all the time. It is not a super sweet cookie dough as we typically top it with a delicious buttercream frosting. If you prefer a sweeter cookie base, since these cookies aren’t frosted, you can add a 1/4 cup more sugar to the recipe, use a store bought sugar cookie mix, or your favorite sugar cookie recipe.
What kind of food coloring do I use?
I tend to prefer gel food coloring as the colors are more saturated, tend to be brighter, and there are many more options of colors, but regular liquid food coloring works just as well!
How to make Marbled Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies
- Prepare sugar cookie dough according to below directions. Separate dough into separate bowls, amount depending on how many different colors you would like. We chose to do a soft yellow, green, mint and pink.
- Add dollops of colored sugar cookie dough next to each other and roll out as you would normally. Don’t over roll or your cookie dough colors will begin to blend too much.
3. Use a bunny cookie cutter and cut out different bunny shapes, working in a way that you get the most amount of colors in one shape.
4. When cookies have cooled add a small dollop of store bought icing to the bottom of the bunny. Dip bunny bum into white sprinkles and serve 🙂
The Perfect Sugar Cookie for Cutouts
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar you can add 1/4-1/2 cup additional sugar for cookies not being topped with icing but I personally don't think it's necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch can lower to 1/4 cup for a slightly softer cookies
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and salt in a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cornstarch, and nutmeg. Mix on low until fully incorporated. Pop in refrigerator for 30 minutes if needed.
- Use a rolling pin to roll all of the cookie dough out to a thickness of 1⁄4 - 1/2 inch on a lightly floured surface. Cut cookie dough into desired shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on thickness) or until edges are very lightly browned. Do not overbake.
For more cookie ideas try these:
What an adorable Easter cookie! I used a bunny, a duck, a tulip, and a lamb cookie cutter. Next time I will not use the nutmeg but maybe another flavoring. So much fun to make!!
Around how many cookies does this make?
Thanks for sharing! Do they keep long?
These are so cute! What a fun recipe to make with kids before Easter!
Becki Wolfe says
Those really are so cute!! Where did you get the cookie cutter?
Kathy beauchamp says
Love the bunny cookie! Where can I buy the cookie cutter?
This recipe is so great! I can’t wait to make this with my kids I’m sure the will be super happy about this. Thank you!
Ok, these are the cutest bunny cookies ever!! Soft, pretty, & such a crowd pleaser at any Easter party!
Andie Thueson says
These are the cutest cookies ever! So perfect for Easter
Delicious bunny cut out cookies that are perfect for Easter time!