As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Marbled Dinosaur Cookies are a delicious and colorful dinosaur treat the kids will really enjoy! Kids will love the fun dinosaur shapes and the bright colors of their favorite prehistoric friends.
These marbled dinosaur cookies are a fun dinosaur activity for even the littlest of bakers. The bright colored dough and dinosaur cookie cutters makes for a sweet treat the kids will gladly get their hands on. These would go perfectly with our dinosaur dirt cups and our popular dinosaur cake if you are planning dinosaur theme birthday party or just a fun pre-historic party for the kids.
TIPS FOR MAKING MARBLED DINOSAUR COOKIES
- DINOSAUR COOKIE CUTTERS: you can find lots of different options for cookie cutters online – these dinosaur cookie cutters are what we used.
- SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH– we always use our favorite sugar cookie dough when making our marbled cookies but any sugar cookie recipe or even store bought packages will work. You will just want to divide your cookie dough into three different bowls and color as desired.
- MIXING COLORED DOUGH – once your color your dough you will want to roll the dough into small balls and place together on a lightly floured surface. Carefully roll out together until colors begin to blend into each other.
- **PRO TIP** The more your mix and roll your dough the more marbled of an effect it will have. The first roll out will result in more “color block” cookies. Either way is fun and colorful!
HOW TO MAKE DINOSAUR COOKIES
- Prepare sugar cookie dough according to below directions or package instructions. Separate dough into separate bowls, amount depending on how many different colors you would like. We chose to keep some dough uncolored, orange/yellow, and bright green.
- Add dollops of colored sugar cookie dough next to each other and roll out as you would normally. Don’t over roll or your cookie dough colors will begin to blend too much.
- Using dinosaur cookie cutters, cut out dinosaur cookies and bake.
Marbled Dinosaur Cookies
- 2 cups cold butter cubed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, you can add 1/4-1/2 cup additional sugar for cookies not being topped with icing but I personally don't think it's necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and salt in a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cornstarch, and nutmeg. Mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Use a rolling pin to roll all of the cookie dough out to a thickness of 1⁄4 inch. You may also work with half of the dough at a time if needed. If your cookie dough is sticky you may lightly flour your surface. You can also place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes if necessary. Cut cookie dough into desired shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Do not overbake. Remove from oven.