Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins: delicious and simple muffins that are bursting with a sweet cinnamon flavor.
Cinnamon applesauce muffins are now one of my families new favorite go-to-muffins. We love all kinds of muffins like our Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins, Lemon Poppyseed Muffins and even our Gingerbread Muffins. These cinnamon applesauce muffins are moist, bursting with a cinnamon flavor and come together really quickly. They go great with your dinner time meals or breakfast in the morning. I swapped coconut sugar for regular table sugar but you can still use table sugar if you prefer. I like using coconut sugar when i’m baking because I don’t notice a change in taste and coconut sugar doesn’t spike your blood sugar as much as table sugar. It tends to be a bit of a healthier option…but remember sugar is still sugar 🙂
As soon as these muffins come out of the oven and have the chance to cool slightly, dip them in some melted butter and then in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Once the muffins cool, the cinnamon sugar becomes a fun crunch that my kids just love. My younger son has a tendency to eat the top part of the muffin before he eats the rest 🙂
Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar , or table sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp . cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup butter , melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and applesause and mix.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until fluffy.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Place in greased or liner filled muffins tins and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- While the muffins are warm dip in melted butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
This recipe was adapted from Simple As That