Egg and Sausage Breakfast Burritos: a delicious quick fix breakfast burrito you can make fresh or freeze for another busy morning. Sausage, egg and cheese makes this for a protein filled breakfast option.
Egg & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast is known to be the most important meal of the day but I never really ate breakfast until I became an adult. Now I never miss it! 🙂 Most mornings, especially during the school year, we are all busy getting ready for the day which makes these egg and sausage breakfast burritos a quick and delicious breakfast idea. It’s filled with protein and can be frozen for other busy mornings.
We chose to fill our breakfast burritos with sausage but you can also use turkey sausage, bacon, or even ham. Your favorite breakfast meat can easily be swapped out for your families favorites. The best part about these breakfast burritos is that you can make the over the weekend and then freeze them to enjoy all week long. All you need to do is reheat them in the microwave with a paper towel or pop them in the toaster oven until warm.
How to make Egg & Sausage Breakfast Burritos
- You need roughly 1 pound of breakfast meat. Sausage, ham and bacon are all great choices.
- Brown your breakfast meat and drain grease. Set aside.
- Once your meat, and egg mixture are ready you will layer them in your soft tortilla shell and either fry in a medium skillet or you can use a panini press.
Egg & Sausage Breakfast Burrito
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage, or your desired breakfast meat
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-8 flour tortillas, can use burrito size but will result in less servings overall
- 2 cups Colby Jack Cheese
- In a large skillet brown ground turkey until done. Drain grease.
- n a small bowl mix together eggs, milk and salt and pepper until combined. Cook over medium heat until cooked through. Add ground turkey and remove from heat.
- Add egg mixture to the center of tortilla. Top with cheese. Roll up burrito style and place either in a Panini press or place on skillet with medium heat until slightly browned and crispy. Serve with fresh fruit or yogurt.
Photos by The PKP Way
For more delicious breakfast options try out these: