As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Healthy Pumpkin Breadis a delicious fall bread recipe. Packed with pumpkin puree, fall spices, honey and maple syrup this bread may have some healthier swaps but doesn’t lack in flavor!
HEALTHY PUMPKIN BREAD
I’m not one to put labels on food. What’s healthy for one person may not be “healthy” for someone else. I like to live with the “everything in moderation” mantra but for this pumpkin bread recipe a few alternative swaps does in fact make this bread a healthier version than most you can find. This healthy pumpkin bread was a spin off of our delicious pumpkin muffins. We swapped a few ingredients to make these bread more “waistline” friendly.
SIMPLE SWAPS. LOTS OF FLAVOR
While some of these swaps may not necessarily make this bread have “less calories” it focus on using more natural wholesome ingredients without sacrificing flavor.
- Honey & Maple Syrup – instead of using white or brown sugar like most confections we used a mixture of both honey and maple syrup. We liked to use a mixture to get the sweetness and flavor from maple but you can use one or the other if desired.
- Coconut Oil – this recipe uses a bit of coconut oil instead of vegetable or canola oil
- Applesauce – in addition to coconut oil we also add unsweetened applesauce to keep this bread moist without having to utilize more oil.
DELICIOUS FALL SPICE BLEND
While this healthy pumpkin bread may have some healthier alternatives to it, it certainly doesn’t lack flavor. We tested this bread a few times to get the spice just right for our liking. I suggest giving the amount listed a shot and if you find you need more spice you can add more the next time! Some of our favorite fall spices used in this recipe includes:
FOR MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES TRY THESE:
Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, maple syrup, eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix until fully combined but be careful to not overmix.
- Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until a fork inserted comes out clean.
Leave a Reply