Berry Baked Oatmeal is a simple and delicious hearty breakfast filled with oats, berries and an optional granola crunch.
BERRY BAKED OATMEAL
This simple baked oatmeal is not only delicious and hearty but comes together really quickly. It’s a delicious option for busy mornings or lazy weekends. You can make it all in one bowl and then pour it into a baking dish and let the oven do the rest. It tastes delicious hot out of the oven or reheated the next morning with a splash of milk. It’s filling enough on it’s own or pairs well with a side of scrambled eggs. It’s a delicious addition to our other oatmeal breakfasts like banana bread baked oatmeal, and our delicious peaches and cream oatmeal.
ADD A LITTLE CRUNCH
The granola on top is optional but it adds a yummy crunch to the baked oatmeal. We used a store bought honey oat granola but you could use a cinnamon, vanilla or whatever your family prefers. We also added fresh berries to our baked oatmeal which adds a touch more sweetness to the breakfast.
INGREDIENTS FOR BERRY BAKED OATMEAL
- BROWN SUGAR
- BAKING POWDER & SALT
- CINNAMON & NUTMEG
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- ALMOND MILK
- ROLLED OATS, quick oats can also be used.
- MIXED BERRIES
- FLAXSEED, optional
- HONEY OAT GRANOLA, optional
HOW TO MAKE BAKED OATMEAL:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs. Add in brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and flaxseed, if using. Mix in oats. Fold in diced fruit.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Top with honey oat granola. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes or until set.
If you like this recipe you should try some of our other favorite breakfast recipes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp flaxseed optional
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk Can substitute regular milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cut fruit i.e. mixed berry
- 1 cup honey oat granola optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs.
Add in brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt.Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and flaxseed if adding it.
Mix in oats.
Fold in diced fruit.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
Top with honey oat granola, if desired for an extra crunch.
Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until set.