Lemon Ricotta Pancakes: a lighter breakfast pancake that is bursting with a lemon flavor! Serve with a side of scrambled eggs and fresh fruit for a delicious way to wake up!
Breakfast is a big deal on the weekends here in this household. Every weekend we have a family breakfast, that consists of either pancakes or waffles and scrambled eggs. My kids look forward to our weekly breakfast and it’s such a special way to start the weekend and talk about how our busy week went 🙂 I decided to try out a Weight Watcher friendly recipe, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. These lighter pancakes are low in points, at only 2 points a pancake, but bursting with flavor!
Our favorite way to enjoy these lemon ricotta pancakes is with some fresh fruit and a side of scrambled eggs, which makes this one low point delicious breakfast that the whole family will love! I always love serving recipes that my kids actually love and will eat as well instead of me always having to make myself something separate when I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk, plus 1 TBSP. distilled vinegar can use Buttermilk instead
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP sugar
- zest & juice lemon
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Mix together milk and vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, eggs, lemon, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ricotta cheese until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter by ¼ cup full on to hot griddle. Cook until both sides are lightly brown.
Photos by The PKP Way