As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins – a delicious and chocolatey breakfast muffin that is sweetened with honey and bursting with flavor.
With three little munchkins and a part time job that has me out of the house early morning, my days alway tends to start off a little hectic. Breakfast tends to be a little difficult and I don’t always have the chance to make a full spread of pancakes and eggs so I rely on little bite sized eats like these Banana Chocolate Chip mini muffins. They are sweetened with honey and kept moist with sour cream which makes them a healthier alternative than the typical muffins that are loaded with sugar.
You can easily pop these mini muffins in the freezer and warm them in a microwave for a simple and handy breakfast. Pair them with a quick serving of scrambled eggs and your morning is off to a good start. I made these muffins in my mini muffin pan which is the perfect size for my kids but you can definitely pour the batter in regular size muffin pans.
My kids love chocolate chips and being able to throw them in a breakfast every once in awhile is a special treat that they really enjoy! I used a mixture of whole wheat flour and white flour but you can certainly use just one or the other if you would rather.
Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 1 cups whole flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 1/4 tsp .salt
- 3 bananas , mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and sour cream until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
Leave a Reply