As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This peanut butter frosting is deliciously creamy and perfectly paired with your favorite chocolate cake or cupcakes!
Peanut Butter Frosting
Peanut butter and chocolate are one of those pairs that just fit well together, like peanut butter and jelly or crackers and cheese. This peanut butter frosting is thick, sweet, creamy and oh so flavorful! It’s a delicious frosting to go with our perfect chocolate cupcakes or your favorite homemade chocolate cake.
DELICIOUS FROSTING IN MINUTES
This recipe is so simple and only requires 5 ingredients.
- Peanut Butter, creamy
- Powdered Sugar
HELPFUL TIPS MAKING PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- When making frosting or glazes remember if your frosting is a bit too thick just add a touch more milk. If the consistency is too thin for pipping add more confectioners sugar.
- This frosting is great for both piping and spreading on a 9 x 13 inch chocolate cake.
- If you plan to frost your cupcakes with a fancy tip you may need to double the recipe. I can usually get about 12 cupcakes when generously piping them. You will however be able to frost a 9 x 13 inch cake with one batch.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- Using an electric mixture, combine butter and peanut butter in a large bowl and mix until creamy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until completely combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add milk and stir until well-combined. Slowly increase speed to high and beat for 30 seconds. Add more milk or powdered sugar as needed until desired consistency is met. Spread or pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes or cake.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- Combine butter and peanut butter in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until creamy and well-combined.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl so all ingredients are well-combined. Stir in vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low-speed, add milk and stir until well-combined. Gradually increase speed to high and beat for 30 seconds. Spread or pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes or cake.
Krissy Allori says
I love peanut butter so it stands to reason that I would love this amazing frosting. It was a big hit with my family on our cupcakes.
Carrie Robinson says
I could just eat this by spoonful! Looks amazing. 🙂