As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Mixed Berry Muffins are delicious berry filled muffins perfect for anytime of the day! Sprinkled with some coarse sugar this muffin recipe perfectly sweet and bursting with flavor!
Mixed Berry Muffins
One of our favorite and quick breakfast recipes during the busy week days are muffins. You can typically prepare the batter in one bowl, bakes in under 30 minutes, and makes enough for your whole family to enjoy. Some of our favorite breakfast muffins are our chocolate chip muffins, and our cinnamon applesauce muffins but these mixed berry muffins are now in our top three! My first son loves anything berry so mixing two of his favorites was a win in his book.
Simple Ingredients. Full of Flavor.
These muffins are made with pantry ready ingredients and your favorite mixed berries. We personally love to use a mixture of raspberries and blueberries, but you could use just one of those types of berries or swap one out for blackberries. (If using blackberries, I would slice them in half to make them smaller)
- baking agents
- coarse sugar, optional
Can I use frozen berries?
Yes! While I tend to prefer to use fresh you can most certainly use frozen berries. Just keep in mine your batter with get cold and will be harder to mix and scoop into the cupcake liners. You shouldn’t need to adjust the baking time though.
How to make Mixed Berry Muffins:
- Add butter and sugar to a medium bowl and beat until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Add to sugar mixture a bit at a time, alternating with the 1/2 cup of milk.
- Fold in berries.
- Divide batter among a 12 muffin tin pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle sanding sugar over the top and bake at 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until the centers are finished.
Mixed Berry Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries (cut in half, if large)
- 1/8 cup course sugar (sprinkling sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. One at a time, add each eggs blending in between.
- Mix in vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add to sugar mixture, a little bit at a time, alternating with the 1/2 cup of milk.
- Fold in the blueberries and raspberries.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin tins lined with parchment paper cupcake liners. Sprinkle sanding sugar over the tops and bake at 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until the centers are finished.