As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Cookies- delicious and simple cookies made with leftover pie crust and topped with cinnamon and sugar.
Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Cookies
These delicious and simple cinnamon sugar pie crust cookies have been passed down from my great Grandmother and i’m sure great grandmothers around the world. 🙂 I remember as a little girl watching my grandmother make these yummy “cookies” with leftover pie crust, because why let delicious pie crust go to waste! My mom also talks about watching her grandmother make these cookies as a little girl herself. It might not be a recipe that is “new” to most kitchens but it’s a recipe worth sharing!
These cookies always made an appearance around the holiday times when pie baking is in full force! It’s a great way to use leftover pie crust but you don’t have to wait to be baking a pie before you can make these cookies! You can make a pie crust just for these cookies and your store bought crust to make it go even faster!
Ingredients needed for Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Cookies
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these cookies and most you probably already have in your pantry.
- Pie crust- homemade or store bought
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
How to make Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat.
- Roll out pie crust in a large rectangular shape. Size will depend on if you are using leftover pie crust or a whole pie crust.
- Brush butter on top of pie crust. You can brush on softened or melted butter. I have tried both and have gotten the same results with either one.
- Prepare your sugar topping– mix together brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top of butter.
- Roll your pie crust as if you were rolling cinnamon rolls. Cut into 1 inch thick slices and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Growing up we never added anything to our cookies when they were done baking and they were yummy right out of the oven but the last few times I have made these cookies we have added a simple confectioners sugar and milk glaze on top and it makes these buttery pie crust cookies even more addicting!
Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Cookies
- 1 pie crust, homemade or storebought you can use leftover pie crust scraps as well
- 1 TBSP butter, melted or softened
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use silpat. On a slightly floured surface, roll your pie crust into a large rectangle. Roughly a 10 x 8 or so. If you are using scraps of pie crust, roll into the size rectangle you can.
- Mix together sugars, cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush pie crust with butter, you just want a thin layer of butter on the crust. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture evenly over pie crust (you may not need the whole amount depending on how big your crust is)
- Roll you pie crust as if you were rolling cinnamon rolls. Slice into ½ inch to 1 inch thick pieces. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until pie crust is just about finished.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Drizzle a little bit of a sugar glaze on top ( mixture of confectioners sugar and milk- adding milk or confectioners sugar until desired consistency)