As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Turkey Crayon Holder: a fun and simple Thanksgiving craft that is perfect to help keep the kids busy during the day. A bright turkey holds colorful crayons and goes great with some printable coloring and activity pages.
Turkey Crayon Holder
Thanksgiving day is always a busy day filled with football games, board games, delicious food, and just good family time. Now that our kid table is starting to fill up again with cousins, nieces, and nephews… it’s nice to be able to have some activities and crafts for the little ones to do. These turkey crayon holders are a craft in it of themselves and also a cute way to hold some colorful crayons that go perfectly with coloring books or even printable coloring papers or activity sheets.
We found these adorable Thanksgiving coloring/activity pages over at Paper Trail Designs and they are just so fun for the kids while they are waiting for their meal or even waiting for dessert to be served.
You only need a few supplies for these adorable turkey crayon holders. Most of the steps the kids can do all on their own! You can use either regular glue or a hot glue gun with adult supervision of course.
Supplies for Turkey Crayon Holders
- Brown cups (affiliate link)
- Brown paper
- Hot glue
- Colored foam
- Googly eyes
How to make Turkey Crayon Holders:
- Use a knife to pierce thorough the bottom of the cup and cut along the edges.
- Trace around the lip of the cup and cut out.
- Cut foam in to 1.5×3” strips to create feathers. Use scraps to make the beak and snood.
- Use hot glue to attach the top of your cup to the brown circle and glue on feathers.
- Glue on the beak, snood, and eyes.
- Fill with crayons and let the kiddos play while they wait for Thanksgiving dinner!
These turkey crayon holders are such a fun craft and make a cute little favor for the kiddie table!
For more Thanksgiving craft ideas you should check out these!
- Turkey Juice Box Kids Craft
- Mini Thankful Chalkboard
- Apple Stamping Pumpkin Craft
- Turkey Pancake Breakfast
Leave a Reply