As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These beach bear dirt cups are a fun twist on the classic dirt pudding cups. They are great for summer get togethers and everyone loves them.
Everyone loves a classic dirt cup! It’s a childhood memory. The layers of pudding, crushed Oreo cookies, and gummy worms make a fantastic sweet treat. Put them in individual cups and you have cute party favors for a birthday, a tasty treat for a school celebration, or a summery snack. To make it even more summery, add cute teddy grahams to the top! Kids will adore this fun twist on a classic dessert. Check out how easy they are to create at home.
Ingredients to Make Beach Bear Dirt Cups
Feel free to get creative with the pieces of this dessert, there’s no right or wrong way to do it. This is just how we do ours. You will need the following ingredients.
- Teddy Grahams
- package of WHITE chocolate instant pudding mix
- Coolwhip or whipped cream
- Golden Graham Oreos or graham crackers
- Gummy Life Savers
- clear plastic cups
- SUN Printable
The combination of these tasty treats makes the perfect beach scene to snack on. For an added touch, put a drink umbrella in your pudding sand cups. Kids always love those umbrellas.
Also, feel free to use regular graham cracker crumbs instead of Oreo cookies if you prefer. We just love the taste of any kind of Oreo. You can also use premade instant vanilla pudding instead of the cool whip pudding. They both taste amazing in this dirt dessert.
Putting Together Your Beach Bear Dirt Cup
Assembling the beach bear dirt cups is simple! All you have to do is layer the cups and decorate to your heart’s desire. Here are the simple steps:
- Add about 20 golden graham Oreos to a food processor and process until crumbly.
- In a large bowl, mix together white chocolate pudding mix with the milk.
- Add blue food coloring to the mixture until a pretty ocean blue color forms.
- Fold in ½ container of Coolwhip. Add more cool whip if needed.
- Add a medium-thick layer of golden Oreos to the bottom of your clear cups.
- Layer the blue pudding on top of the oreo cookie crumbs.
- Add a final player of golden Oreo crumbs on the top of the pudding, but only on ½ of it.
- Put your teddy graham half in the gummy lifesaver. If using dual-color gummy rings, turn it so you can see both colors on either side of him. We added two bears per cup.
- Print off the sun clip art and tape it to a cut-down wooden skewer. Insert it into the pudding cup.
Why I Love These Dirt Cups
These dirt cups are a simple recipe that I can prep before an event. I don’t do well when we are preparing our dishes and desserts the morning of. Anything we can put together in advance is a win in my book. They are easy to prepare the night before and store in the fridge. The end result is adorable and always a crowd-pleaser.
Other Fun Ideas for Your Beach Cups
If you want to differentiate the cups or you don’t like life savers, try using rainbow strip candy or sour tape candy. Cut it into 1 and a-half-inch pieces and lay it on top of the “sand”. Then lay your teddy bears on top of that and it will look like your bears are sun-bathing on beach towels.
Use a gummy bear instead of a cookie bear if you prefer more candy! People have also used Swedish fish to look look like they are swimming in the ocean. See what kinds of gummy candy you can find to go on your pudding cups. These little beach scenes are fun to make into your own personal creations. It’s a classic dessert with a twist.
Take the sandy beach pudding cups to church potlucks, a pool party, birthday parties, and more! Everyone will love this sweet, blue dessert.
If your kids absolutely love dirt cups, they will love these other fun dessert ideas.