As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Halloween Dirt Cups are easy to put together with a chocolate pudding filling and crushed Oreo cookies. Add some festive Halloween treats and fun edible googly eyes for a spooky treat that will be a hit at your Halloween party!
Halloween Dirt Cups
We love dirt cups! It’s a classic recipe that has been around for years! We love putting our own festive spins on this yummy chocolatey treat. Whether it’s a dinosaur dirt cup or an Easter Bunny Cup you can make these dirt cups to match almost any holiday or party theme! We decided to make some Halloween dirt cups that are just the right amount of spooky and fun for the kids.
SPOOKY FAVORITES IN ONE FUN TREAT
We found some inspiration where other “recipes” used pumpkins and cookies to make a graveyard. We saw these cute Oreo cookies with eyeballs to make a monster and then of course the classic look is with a candy worms. We decided to combine a mix of our favorites into one cute cup.
- OREO COOKIE MONSTER: We used a mixture of regular Oreo Cookies and Mint Oreo Cookies (my personal favorite) to make some fun monster shapes. We added edible googly eyes in two sizes to complete our “monster”. To help have the eyeballs stick you can use a small tube of cake decorating icing to help “glue” them on.
- Candy Pumpkins: like candy corn, you either love these or your hate them! 🙂 Feel free to leave them off if you don’t like them. We loved the addition of the little pumpkins so we added them.
- Gummy Worms: the classic dirt cup recipe has gummy worms and while we haven’t added these to some of our other versions this candy worked well for our Halloween theme.
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN DIRT CUPS:
Whisk together pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl for 2 minutes. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
Fold in whipped topping.
Add one tablespoon of crushed cookies into the bottom of your plastic cups.
Top with a layer of pudding mixture.
Repeat layers, ending with a cookie crumb layer on top.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. We typically use 9 ounce cups and get about 12 cups total. Of course this will depend on how thick your layers are and how high up the cup you decide to go.
Top with festive candy pieces before serving.
For more fun and festive Halloween treats try these:
Halloween Dirt Cups
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz.) cool whip, thawed
- 20 Oreo cookies (finely crushed, with filling removed)
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl for 2 minutes. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Add one tablespoon of crushed cookies into the bottle of the mason jars.
- Top with a layer of pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers until ending with cookie mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top with festive candy.