As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dinosaur Dirt Cups: chocolate pudding and crushed Oreo cookies makes for a delicious layered chocolate dessert. Top it with a kid friendly dinosaur and you have a yummy and fun treat for any dino loving kid.
This post is sponsored by Gigantosaurus. All opinions are mine.
Dinosaur Dirt Cup
My second son has loved dinosaurs ever since he could roar. He loves to read about dinosaurs, bake dinosaur footprint cookies, and even had a dinosaur birthday cake at his last birthday. We are constantly on the hunt for new ways to craft and bake with dinosaurs and this dinosaur dirt cup recipe is a fun spin off of our construction dirt cups, which is another love of most little boys and even girls.
What ingredients do I need to make Dirt Cups?
- chocolate pudding
- whipped topping
- Oreo cookies, filling removed
You only need a few ingredients to make dirt cups. Most dirt cup recipes only require three ingredients: chocolate pudding, milk, and crushed Oreo cookies. I like to add a container of whipped topping to my pudding mix. It allows the pudding mix to make more cups and gives the pudding a creamier texture that tastes more like soft chocolate ice cream. If you don’t like whipped topping you can simply omit it.
How do I make Dirt Cups?
Whisk together pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl for 2 minutes. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
Fold in whipped topping.
Add one tablespoon of crushed cookies into the bottom of your plastic cups.
Top with a layer of pudding mixture.
Repeat layers, ending with a cookie crumb layer on top.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Top with washed and dried play dinosaurs before serving.
These dinosaur dirt cups are a great introduction to STEAM projects for young kids through measurements (science and math) with the ingredients needed to make these dirt cups.
Dinosaur Dirt Cups
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz.) cool whip, thawed
- 20 Oreo cookies (finely crushed, with filling removed)
- washed and dried toy dinosaurs
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl for 2 minutes. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Add one tablespoon of crushed cookies into the bottle of the mason jars.
- Top with a layer of pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers until ending with cookie mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top with washed and cleaned small dinosaurs