Oreo Spiders: a delicious and yummy kid friendly halloween treat. Oreo cookies, chocolate melts, pretzels and some candy eyes are all you need to make these tasty treats.
These little Oreo Spiders are such a fun kid-friendly halloween treat. The kids will have a blast making these little treats and then eating them for a snack later. These would be so fun to share as a packaged treat for trick-or-treaters, just for fun, or at a halloween party. These would pair well with some of our other Halloween treats like our wicked witch cupcakes, harvest puppy chow, halloween punch, or our monster eye cupcakes.
SIMPLE SPOOKY INGREDIENTS:
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these spiders. The ingredients needed are inexpensive and perfect for making enough Oreo Spiders to share with friends, trick-or-treaters, and family.
- Pretzel Sticks
- Candy Eyeballs
- Brown Candy Melts
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED OREO SPIDERS
- Following the directions on your candy melts bag, melt your candy melts until fully melted. *Add a little canola oil if needed to thin.
- Cover your Oreos in the melted chocolate. Using a fork, pick up your Oreos out of the chocolate and gently tap the side of the bowl to make any extra chocolate “fall off.”
- Place your chocolate covered Oreos on a cookie sheet layered with wax paper.
- Carefully, insert desired amount of pretzel sticks into the sides of your Oreos for the spiders legs.
- Place your candy eye balls on top of the Oreo.
- When the chocolate on the Oreo is starting to slightly harden take a toothpick and move the chocolate around a little bit to create a “furry” look.
- Place in refrigerator and chill until fully hardened.