As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wicked Witch Cupcakes are a festive and friendly Halloween treat! Cupcakes topped with the wicked witch accessories makes this a fun treat for the kids to make, share with their friends, or enjoy at a trick or treat party!
Wicked Witch Cupcakes
“Follow the yellow brick road. Follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road!” 🙂 I think most of us have seen, at one point in our life, the classic Wizard of Oz and the famous scene of the wicked witch being crushed by the house…am I right? While the Wizard of Oz wasn’t my favorite movie growing up, I have watched it a handful of times. I have always been a sucker for a good “fairytale” story where good and evil battle against each other. I have seen these adorable wicked witch cupcakes floating around on Pinterest, some with witch hats and others with the legs. I thought it would be fun to combine the two.
As I have mentioned before, I am not a lover of a creepy Halloween, but I do love the friendly ghosts, fun witches and the Jack-O-Lanterns that don’t look like they want to kill me 🙂 These wicked witch cupcakes were so fun to make and they are perfect for any Halloween party! I bet they would be a huge hit with the kids and be a bit of nostalgia for the adults!
Ingredients needed to make Wicked Witch Cupcakes:
- Cupcakes, in your favorite flavor
- Oreo Cookies
- White icing, either homemade or storebought
- Hershey Kisses
- Green Glitter Gel, found in the cake decorating section of craft stores
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Green paper Straws
- Black Construction paper
These Wicked Witch Cupcakes are a great treat the kids can get their hands involved in. From adding the black boots to the straws and the Hershey Kiss to the witch hat they will have a blast making their own little creation that they can eat later 🙂
How to assemble Wicked Witch Cupcakes
- Add a dollop of glitter gel or leftover cupcake icing to “glue” your Hershey Kiss to the center of an opened Oreo Cookies. You can use either side of your Oreo Cookie for the top of your hat. Some we used the cream filling sticking up and others we used the cream filing facing down. There really is not right or wrong way to do it.
- Add a layer of green glitter gel around the Hershey kiss to add a colorful brim. Sprinkle with your halloween sprinkles.
- Cut paper straw legs and black feet out of your construction paper. Glue your feet to the top of one end of the paper straws.
- Add your hat on one side of your cupcake. Adding your paper straw legs to the other side.
These pictures have been updated and a new video has been added. You can see the original photo below 🙂