As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This soft homemade playdough recipe is easy to make and has a sweet strawberry smell. Add a free gift tag for a fun Valentine’s Day Gift!
Soft Strawberry Playdough
This playdough recipe is one of our favorite activities! This recipe is so versatile. We have made this recipe into carrot shapes, added a mixture of colors for an out-of-this-world galaxy playdough, and added some festive cheer for a classic Grinch Playdough. Now, we have added a touch of strawberry extract to make this sweet-smelling version that is fun for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Gift Tags
Playdough makes a great Valentine’s day gift to pass out in the classroom. You can make 1 or 2 batches depending on the classroom size and give a small round to each child. We add our round of playdough to small clear treat bag and then tie it close with ribbon and a gift tag. It’s makes a great non-candy gift!
Supplies Needed to make Strawberry Playdough
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1 tsp. strawberry extract
- Food coloring
- Glitter if desired
- Valentine’s Day Gift Tags, if using
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY PLAYDOUGH
- In a small saucepan, mix together 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup salt and 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar.
- In another small bowl mix together 1 cup of water, 1 TBSP vegetable oil, 1 tsp strawberry extract, and desired food coloring. We made two batches, one pink and one red.
- Slowly mix your water mixture into your flour mixture. Turn your stove on to medium heat and continue mixing until the color is fully blended and the playdough begins to pull away from the saucepan. The batter will be lumpy but as you stir the playdough begins to form and sticks to itself.
- Place the playdough on a piece of parchment or wax paper and allow it to cool to the touch. Once it’s cool to the touch knead for a few minutes until soft. Add glitter if desired and knead again.