As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grinch Playdough: an easy and festive gift idea for the little ones in your life.
This Grinch playdough is super simple and will keep the kids busy for hours if your kids like playdough like mine do. This festive playdough recipe is simple to make and is a perfect-sized batch to share with a small group of friends while you watch the Grinch movie or to wrap up and give as classroom gifts.
We decided to add some sparkly glitter (affiliate link) to our Grinch Playdough. My daughter loves adding a sparkling flair to just about anything right now and this playdough really sparkled and matches the Christmas season. Don’t want to deal with glitter? Just leave it off and this will still be fun Christmas activity worth making!
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR GRINCH PLAY DOUGH
- 1 CUP FLOUR
- 1/3 CUP SALT
- 2 TEASPOONS CREAM OF TARTAR
- 1 CUP WATER
- 1 TABLESPOON OIL
- FOOD COLORING
- GLITTER, if desired
- GIFT TAGS, if using
GRAB OUR FREE GIFT TAGS HERE OR IN OUR SHOP.
HOW TO MAKE GRINCH PLAYDOUGH
- In a small saucepan mix together 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup salt and 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar.
- In another small bowl mix together 1 cup of water, 1 TBSP vegetable oil and desired food coloring. We used green
- Slowly mix your water mixture into your flour mixture. Turn your stove on to medium heat and continue mixing until the color is fully blended and the playdough begins to pull away from the saucepan. The batter will be lumpy but as you stir the playdough begins to form and sticks to itself.
- Place the playdough on a piece of parchment or wax paper and allow it to cool to the touch. Once it’s cool to the touch knead for a few minutes until soft. Add glitter if desired.