Simple and delicious Apple Pie Crescent Bites are the perfect quick dessert and great for gatherings.
These apple pie crescent bites are a spin off of the popular raspberry jelly crescents I shared last year and I have to say I like both of them equally. Normally raspberry is my first pick for anything but these apple pie bites are delicious and honestly taste just like apple pie. My boys loved these little apple pies and were just the perfect serving size for them. The best part….they only took 20-25 minutes to make from start to finish. I love a good apple pie but this is a great alternative when you are short on time or just need a quick dessert idea for a gathering of friends and family.
First you will need to slice your apples into thin slices. You want your slices thin so they become tender while baking. The thicker the apple the more likely it will still be crispy when the crescents are done baking.
Unroll your refrigerator crescent rolls and lay on a baking sheet. Spread a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon on top of the crescent rolls.
Place two apples on the wider side of the crescent dough. Add some walnuts if desired. My boys actually love nuts.
Roll your crescent rolls up slowly tucking the sides in while rolling. You want to try to keep the cinnamon sugary goodness in the crescent roll as much as you can.
Pop them in a 375 degree preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Apple Pie Crescent Bites
- 1 8 ounce can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice optional
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 small apple cored and sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Melt butter and brush butter on top of crescent roll dough. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle Walnuts on each crescent dough triangle
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple tucking the sides in while rolling.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.