As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for a festive craft to do with your kids this holiday season? Look no further than this Popsicle Stick Gingerbread House!
Popsicle Stick Gingerbread House
Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year! I’m all about Christmas movies, traditions, hot cocoa, decorating, and presents! One of my favorite activities during the holiday season is coming up with fun crafts to do with my kids. As many of you know, I’m a HUGE craft lover, so I never pass on the opportunity to try a new craft! I love making Christmas trees ornaments, and other cute decorations with my kids that I can put around my house!
Why This Popsicle Gingerbread House Is Perfect for the Holidays
What I love about this craft is that it’s perfect for little ones, inexpensive, and creative! This craft gets your little ones excited for the holidays and includes them in a fun craft! I also love this craft because it’s inexpensive. I know the holidays can be expensive with all the presents and decorations, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun crafting! Lastly, this craft is perfect for letting your kids’ creative spirits flourish! You can make this craft truly your own with cute decorations and accessories!
The materials for this popsicle gingerbread house are pretty basic. You can find popsicle sticks, brown paint, pom poms, and glitter cardstock at virtually any craft store. Plus, you probably already have cotton balls in your house! If you don’t have a Hobby Lobby near you (this is where I get most of my Christmas stuff), you can go to your local craft store, Michael’s, or anywhere that sells holiday decor! This craft is what you make it, so you can be as creative or basic as you want to!
If you’re looking to take your crafting skills up a notch, keep reading for how to make this festive craft.
Popsicle Stick Gingerbread House Supplies
- Jumbo popsicle sticks (8 for each house)
- 2 regular popsicle sticks
- Brown paint
- Glitter cardstock or glitter foam
- Pom Poms
- Pom pom ribbon/trim -white
- Little gingerbread people, I find mine at Hobby Lobby but even stickers would work!
- Misc decorative pieces, I found foam peppermint and mini snowflakes
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Gingerbread House
- Place 6 popsicle sticks side by side
- Glue them together by using regular-sized popsicle sticks at an angle.
- Make a roof with two remaining popsicle sticks. Turn wood around.
- Paint Gingerbread house brown (I watered down my paint a tad just so it wasn’t so dark and thick)
- Place a piece of glitter cardstock behind the roof
- Cut a small door out of glitter cardstock and add it to the house.
- Add white pom pom trim
- Glue pom poms on the roofline
- Add remaining accessories
Since this craft has tons of decoration options, you get to choose what you want to put on your gingerbread house! You can add mini Christmas trees, snowmen, you name it! What I like to do is let my kids pick out which decorations they want to put on the gingerbread house so they can make it their own!
What If I Can’t Find Little Gingerbread People?
If you can’t find little gingerbread people, that’s totally fine! They’re just for added effect. If you want to add some other little people or decorations, feel free! You can even look in the scrapbooking section of your craft store for festive Christmas stickers.
What Can I Use Instead of Glitter Card Stock?
If you can’t find or don’t want to use glitter card stock, you can totally use regular card stock or even colored paper to place behind the roof of the house!
If you’ve got some time to kill with your kids this holiday season, try to make this Popsicle Gingerbread House!
Leave a Reply