These Thumbprint Snowflake Ornaments are such a fun DIY kids ornament. All you need is some modeling clay, glue, and glitter.
Thumbprint Snowflake Ornaments
We love making homemade ornaments! Whether it’s a simple wood slice ornament, a wedding ornament, or some Glitter silhouettes it’s one of our favorite holiday crafts. These thumbprint snowflake ornaments are such a fun DIY kids ornament craft. Oven baked modeling clay makes this for a keepsake ornament you can bring set up on your tree year after year!
A few simple supplies and a little bit of baking time is all you need to make these thumbprint snowflake ornaments. It’s a great gift idea for classmates, grandparents, friends and loved ones.
Supplies for Thumbprint Snowflake Ornaments
- Modeling clay (affiliate link)
- Snowflake cookie cutter (affiliate link)
- Clear glue
Directions for Thumbprint Glitter Ornament
- Roll out clay to 1/4” thickness and cut out a snowflake.
- Gently press your child’s thumb in to the clay to make a heart.
- Use a straw to create a hole at the top of the snowflake.
- Bake ornament according to the instructions on clay packaging and allow to cool.
- Once the ornament has cooled, fill the heart shape with clear glue.
- Then sprinkle with glitter and shake off to remove excess.
- Tie a ribbon through the hole.
This is such a fun craft the kids can enjoy doing step by step! The moldable clay is similar to play dough once you get it softened a bit, and what kid doesn’t like to cut things out with cookie cutters! 🙂 Let your kids pick out their favorite glitter color for their own personalized ornament. Once the glue has had a chance to dry you can write their name on the ornament or if they are old enough they can write their own name! You can use either a sharpie marker or a pen.
If you liked these Thumbprint Snowflake Ornaments you should try out these: