These Glitter Silhouette Ornaments are such a fun DIY ornament project that is perfect for the kids! You can personalize them with your child’s favorite character and paint colors.
Glitter Silhouette Ornaments
Every Christmas year my Mom buys my children a new Christmas ornament and when it’s time to decorate the tree again they love looking at past ornaments. We also love to craft ornaments for our tree that can also be used as keepsake over the years like our wood slice ornaments, and wedding ornaments which are perfect for a newlywed couple enjoying their first Christmas together. These glitter silhouette ornaments are perfect to make for your children or with your children and can easily be personalize to match their talents, favorite characters or colors.
Even if you don’t have kids in your family this is a great craft to make for yourself or to make as gifts! Swap out the kid friendly silhouette shapes for something more delicate like a snowflake or other winter themed shapes. The main hero of these glitter silhouette ornaments is the FolkArt® Glitterific. It’s actually one of my new favorite products, you may remember the Glitter Popsicle Stick Frames we made with this fun product.
Glitterific is made up of glitter particles suspended in a crystal clear base which creates the most dazzling glitter paint. You can use Glitterific on multiple surfaces such as wood, glass, canvas, ceramic, and fabric, just to name a few. It is a water based paint with an ultra high-gloss effect. You can use the Glitterific by itself but I wanted my silhouette shapes to stand out a bit more so I base coated our ceramic ornaments with some coordinating FolkArt Acrylic Paint.
Post contains affiliate links
Supplies for Glitter Silhouette Ornaments
- Ceramic Ornaments
- Glitterific, in your favorite colors
- Silhouette Shapes, I purchased and cut my silhouettes using my Cricut cutting machine. Ballerina, Dragon, Trex, Butterfly was found in the Circut software. Be sure to use REMOVABLE VINYL.
- Coordinating FolkArt acrylic paint
- Foam paint brush
How to make Glitter Silhouette Ornaments
- Start off my cutting your vinyl silhouette shapes out of removable vinyl and place in the center of your ceramic ornaments. Be sure to smooth out and creases and make sure no parts of the vinyl are sticking up.
- Paint a thin layer of your desired acrylic paint on your ornaments.
- Using a foam brush lightly add your Glitterific. You don’t need to necessarily paint it on but more like dab the glitter around.
- Immediately peel off the vinyl and allow to dry completely.
- Add ribbon and hang on a tree 🙂