As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Princess Playdough is a fun playdough activity any little princess with love. Use princess related cookie cutters for fun play or take it a step further and make our fun Disney princesses.
We love adding a little sparkle to our playdough recipes, just like our sparkly galaxy playdough, this activity is easy, colorful, and full of pretty sparkles. This glitter filled playdough makes this the perfect base for our princess playdough activity. As my daughter and I made this playdough and we began talking about what some of our favorite Disney princesses would match what color playdough. We found some Disney princess cupcake toppers on Amazon and our idea of making Disney princess dresses was off to an exciting start!
DISNEY PRINCESS PLAYDOUGH
This Disney princess activity really could not be more simple. You only need a few basic supplies to make these pretty playdough characters.
- Batch of our Homemade playdough recipe, recipe below, in whatever color/colors you want to make
- Coordinating chunky glitter colors
- Disney princess cupcake toppers
- Can I use too much glitter? No. Even after you feel like you’ve added enough you will want to add more! 🙂
- What should I do if I forget to put my play dough away? Knead the play dough to allow the moisture from the inside to rehydrate the dried out outside. You can also add a touch of cooking oil to your hands and knead until smooth.
- What kind of glitter should I use? Chunky or extra chunky glitter will show up best.
DISNEY PRINCESS PLAYDOUGH VIDEO:
HOW TO MAKE PRINCESS PLAYDOUGH
- In a small saucepan over medium heat mix together 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup salt and 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar. In another small bowl mix together 1 cup of water, 1 TBSP vegetable oil and desired food coloring.
- Slowly mix your water mixture into your flour mixture. The batter will be lumpy but as you stir the playdough begins to form and sticks to itself. It will also begin to pull away from the saucepan.
- Place the playdough on a piece of parchment or wax paper and allow to cool to the touch. Once it’s cool to the touch add your corresponding glitter to the playdough and mix until it’s fully incorporated.
- Enjoy the playdough!
Want to keep things real simple? You can make your princess playdough and just have fun with princess related cookie cutters 🙂 Great for a princess party, as gifts, or just pretend play! Whichever way you play this will be a fun activity for any princess fan.