As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Back to School Bumblebee Treat Bags- a simple and yummy craft idea for kids to share with their friends! The printable gift tag is perfect for welcoming a new school year.
A new school year brings a new teacher, sometimes new classmates, and nervous feelings of what to expect in their new grade. The boys and I decided to put together these cute Back to School Bumblebee Treat Bags to welcome the new school year and their friends. It’s a super simple craft idea that the kids can get their own hands on which is the best part! You can craft and talk about the upcoming year and the new friends they will make.
We used Honey-Comb Cereal to match our Bumblebee theme but you could also use Honey Nut Cheerios or a similar type kind of cereal. Just to be sure to check in at your local school to see if they have any restriction of bringing in certain snacks.
Bumblebee Treat Bags Supplies:
- Clothes Pins
- Yellow paint
- Black Sharpie
- Googley eyes
- Black pipe cleaner
- Snack baggies
- Honeycomb cereal
- Free Printable (optional)
We decided to add a fun “It’s going to BEE a great year” printable tag to our bumblebee treat bags. I think it adds a fun element to the baggies and it’s a little bit of an encouragement to the start of a new year.
The printable is completely optional. You can always leave it off and just leave it be or add a small ribbon for an extra decorative touch.
How to make Back to School Bumblebee Treat Bags
- Paint clothes pins and allow to dry.
- While clothes pins are drying, scoop 1/4 cup of honeycomb cereal in to snack size baggies and set aside.
- Once paint is dry, use a sharpie to draw three stripes on to the clothes pin.
- Attach the googly eyes with hot glue. ADULTS ONLY. Cut pipe cleaners in to 1 inch pieces and secure with hot glue. Once the glue is dry bend them down.
- Twist the baggies around once and secure with the clothes pin.
- Tie free printable around the clothes pin.
For more Back to School Ideas check out these: