As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These homemade lemonade popsicles are such a fun twist on a classic summer treat! Your family will go crazy for these sweet and tart popsicles. Perfect for a hot day, enjoying poolside, or as a refreshing dessert!
Homemade Lemonade Popsicles
You all absolutely loved our Homemade Strawberry Popsicles, so I wanted to share a brand new popsicle recipe: Lemonade Popsicles! Just like our strawberry popsicles, these lemonade ones are refreshing, delicious, and oh so sweet. They will quickly become your new favorite treat to serve up during the summer! I love these popsicles because they are just the right balance of sweet and tart. You can also adjust the amount of sugar you put in to make it just sweet enough for you!
I would recommend making a big batch of these during the weekend so you can enjoy them all week long. They also make a great treat for parties. Just whip up a batch the day ahead of your event so they’re ready to go when your guests arrive! They would be especially great at a pool party or outdoor gathering when it’s hot outside.
Other ways to enjoy our Lemonade Popsicles
Want to mix things up even more? Add some strawberries into your lemonade popsicles, and now you’ve got strawberry lemonade popsicles! How good does that sound?! Since lemon goes great with a variety of fruits, you can really have some fun making different variations all summer long. From blueberry lemonade to raspberry lemonade, the possibilities are endless!
Things you’ll need to make your own Lemonade Popsicles
No surprises here: besides your popsicle maker, these lemonade popsicles only require the regular ingredients that you would use to make lemonade!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is what you will need:
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice (the recipe calls for a half cup, which is about 3-4 lemons — it all depends on the size of your lemons and how juicy they are!)
- A popsicle maker
How long does it take for the Lemonade Popsicles to freeze?
It will likely take your lemonade popsicles a minimum of 6 hours to fully freeze. For this reason, I prefer to make these at night so that they are ready in the morning. This helps ensure that impatient little ones (or grown-ups) don’t get into the popsicles before they’re done!
Tips for making these Lemonade Popsicles at home
- This popsicle maker is amazing, partially because it comes with 50 popsicle sticks. But if you don’t have any popsicle sticks on hand, a plastic knife or spoon works in a pinch. However, popsicle sticks are super inexpensive and great to have in the house.
- If you’re having trouble getting your lemonade popsicles out of the mold, place your molds in or run them under hot water for 10-20 seconds before trying again. This will loosen up the outsides of the popsicles without melting them so they can easily slide out.
- Prefer not to use white sugar? No problem! You can easily sub in your favorite sweetener, including honey or agave. Honey can be substituted in a 1:1 ratio, but agave is actually 1.5 times sweeter than sugar, so be sure to keep that in mind when you’re measuring it out. If you prefer your popsicles more tart than sweet, feel free to adjust the amount of sugar to your liking!
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, about 3-4 lemons
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups water, divided
- Place sugar and ½ cup water in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Place the lemon juice and the remaining 2 ½ cups water in a large pitcher or glass dish with a spout for easy transfer.
- Once your simple sugar syrup is cooled, add it to your lemon water.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle maker and add the popsicle sticks, trying to keep them as centered as possible.
- Freeze your popsicles for 6 hours or overnight.
Leave a Reply