As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These dinosaur ornaments are such a fun addition to a kid friendly Christmas tree. Add a little Santa hat for a festive ornament that are not only fun to make but fun to hang on the tree.
These dinosaur ornaments are such a fun DIY craft for the kids to make and to enjoy hanging on their Christmas tree. Add some colorful Christmas ornament balls to complete the look of a festive unique Christmas tree the kids will love! We love all things dinosaurs in this household right now and my kids have been excited about this tree since we started talking about it in the summer #bloggerslife. 🙂
DINOSAUR SANTA HAT ORNAMENTS
These dinosaur ornaments are really easy to put together and only require a few simple supplies:
- Dinosaurs, we used these but any size or variety of sizes will work, just make sure your tree is large enough to accommodate.
- Spray Paint
- Eye Hooks
- Mod Podge, Sparkle
- Mini Santa Hats
HOW TO MAKE DINOSAUR ORNAMENTS
- Start off by decided what colors you want your dinosaurs. We chose a variety of colors that matched some of our favorite Christmas ornament balls.
- In a well ventilated area like an outdoor garage or back deck, spray paint your dinosaurs. You will most likely need two coats.
- Allow your painted dinosaurs to dry fully. If you don’t want to use glitter Mod Podge you can apply a clear sealer to your dinosaurs. Allow to dry fully.
- Hot glue (adults) a mini Santa hat to your desired dinosaurs. Some of the dinosaurs heads are quite small so we only added hats to the ones with larger heads. 🙂
- Add a layer of sparkle mod podge to your dinosaurs and allow to dry completely.
- Add a small hook and ribbon to the middle back of your dinosaur for hanging.
For more dinosaur activities try these: