As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Deck the halls with this super easy and fun DIY Popsicle Stick Elf! You and your kids will have a blast making this craft!
Popsicle Stick Christmas Elf
One thing I love doing during the holiday season is making crafts with my kids. Since the school year is coming to a pause, they have a lot more downtime. Instead of my kids sitting around and doing nothing, I have them help me make crafts! This way, my kiddos are super involved in decorating and it gives them something to do! I love to look back on all the crafts we’ve made together and see how much my kids have grown. It’s like a time capsule made of crafts!
If your kids are little, this craft is great because it doesn’t require a ton of time and it’s simple to put together. It’s super easy and only requires a few materials.
What You Need to Make a Popsicle Stick Elf
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks(3) – These are for the body of the elf.
- Mini Popsicle Sticks (3) – These are for the elf’s limbs.
- Green Paint – This is for the elf costume. You can use red instead or both to make it fun!
- Red Glitter Cardstock or glitter foam – This is for the elf’s hat and belt.
- Green Glitter Cardstock or glitter foam – This is for the elf’s hat and belt.
- Googly eyes
- Red Pom Poms (tinsel) – This is for the top of the elf’s hat!
- Mini Red Pom Poms – This is for the elf’s nose.
- Black Sharpie – This is for the elf’s smile!
You can easily find all of these materials at your local craft store, an online craft store, or Amazon.
How to Make a DIY Popsicle Stick Elf
- Place three jumbo popsicle sticks together.
- Use mini popsicle sticks to hold them together.
- Paint your jumbo popsicle sticks halfway up with green paint.
- Cut out fringe piece, hat, hat fringe, and belt piece.
- Glue together as shown in the picture.
- Add googly eyes, a pom pom for the nose, a pom pom for the top of the hat, and a small smile with the black sharpie.
I love this craft because you can be super creative with it! The structure of the elf is pretty straightforward but you can customize the hat and outfit however you want! You also don’t have to paint the popsicle sticks green if you don’t want to. You can paint them red and have alternating elves for more festive fun! What I like to do is have my kids do all the decorating themselves. I make one to show them how it looks and then let them take the reigns for their elves.
If you’re looking for a fun festive craft for your kids to do this holiday season, look no further than this DIY Popsicle Stick Elf! You can use these as decorations to put around your house or as ornaments on your tree. Your kids will love these cute little elves that spread some much-needed joy around the house!