As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This homemade playdough recipe is great for egg hunts, school parties, and more! The Easter carrot shapes are perfectly festive for the Easter season!
Easter Carrot Homemade Playdough Recipe
These playdough Easter carrots are perfect for Easter egg hunts, favors and more! It’s a great non candy option for Easter baskets for your kids or a non candy option for school parties. One batch of this homemade playdough can make quite a few carrots, which makes this an easy and inexpensive gift.
Supplies needed for Easter Carrot Homemade Playdough Recipe:
- One batch of homemade play dough, colored orange
- clear treat bags
- green scrapbooking paper
- green string or jute
Homemade Playdough Recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1 TBSP. vegetable oil
- Gel Food coloring * see note below
- Begin by adding your dry ingredients to a saucepan.
- Add your vegetable, oil, and food coloring.
- Turn your burner on medium high heat and stir. The “batter” will be lumpy.
- Continue to stir until the playdough begins to stick to itself and forms a ball.
- The stirring process may take a few minutes but it will eventually form a ball.
- Place the playdough on a piece of wax paper and allow it to cool.
*With these Easter carrots and other colored playdough, I prefer to use AmeriColor gel food coloring or Wilton gel food coloring instead of the water-based food coloring. The gel colors are brighter and vibrant and there are plenty of other colors to choose from as well!
Once your playdough has cooled enough to handle, form into carrot shapes and place in a small treat bag. Cut out small leaf shapes out of green scrapbooking paper. Finally, tie closed with a ribbon and the paper leaf.
Place the playdough on a piece of wax paper and allow it to cool. Form into carrot shapes and place in a small treat bag. Tie closed with a ribbon and paper leaf.
These Easter carrot playdoughs would go perfectly in our Easter Bunny Paper Bags
Leave a Reply