As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Handprint Butterfly Craft is great for the kids! It’s a colorful butterfly handprint that is decorated with gems, pipe cleaners, and paper! It’s a great preschool craft and activity for the older kids!
Butterfly Handprint Craft
This kids handprint craft is a colorful activity to keep the kids busy and celebrate the Spring and Summer season. This handprint card uses a few different textures and is such a fun introductory craft for preschoolers but is still fun for the older kids as well. We love to use a few different craft supplies when working on our kid crafts. The more texture you can add to a kid’s project the better! Tiny hands learn to make a handprint, glue gems to the butterfly “wings,” and draw on a smile. Add a soft touch with the antennas and they will have a blast playing with the different elements.
Here are the Supplies needed for the Butterfly Handprint Craft:
You only need a few basic craft supplies to get started! We added gems to our butterflies to add a pop of color and fun but if you don’t have any just skip it! You can find gems at your local craft stores, Walmart or even some Dollar stores.
- Paint, in your desired colors
- Paper, in your desired colors
- Googly Eyes,
- Pipe Cleaners
- Sharpie Marker
- Gems, optional but we love them!
Check out our Butterfly Handprint Video for an Easy How-to!
How to make Handprint Butterfly Craft
- Start by painting of your childs hands, place hand in the middle of a piece of paper. Press the hand evenly and remove carefully. Let dry.
- Cut out a butterfly shape body out of your corresponding paper. Glue under the handprint to make a butterfly.
- Add small googley eyes and a smile to the head of the butterfly.
- Make small antennas out of a craft pipe cleaner and glue to the top of the butterfly head.
- If using, add colorful gems to the butterfly “wings” for extra fun and color!
For more Butterfly related posts check out these:
These are so adorable I just had to make them with my kids. They were super fun and the kids loved’em!
These were so fun to make! My kids loved them provided an hour of FUN! Thank you!!
Ashley F says
With little ones at home this is such a fun craft for them to do! Love it!