As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Handprint Butterfly Craft is great for the kids! It’s a colorful butterfly handprint that is decorated with gems, pipe cleaners, and paper! It’s a great preschool craft and activity for the older kids!
Butterfly Handprint Craft
This kids handprint craft is a colorful activity to keep the kids busy and celebrate the Spring and Summer season. This handprint card uses a few different textures and is such a fun introductory craft for preschoolers but is still fun for the older kids as well. We love to use a few different craft supplies when working on our kid crafts. The more texture you can add to a kid’s project the better! Tiny hands learn to make a handprint, glue gems to the butterfly “wings,” and draw on a smile. Add a soft touch with the antennas and they will have a blast playing with the different elements.
Here are the Supplies needed for the Butterfly Handprint Craft:
You only need a few basic craft supplies to get started! We added gems to our butterflies to add a pop of color and fun but if you don’t have any just skip it! You can find gems at your local craft stores, Walmart or even some Dollar stores.
- Paint, in your desired colors
- Paper, in your desired colors
- Googly Eyes,
- Pipe Cleaners
- Sharpie Marker
- Gems, optional but we love them!
Check out our Butterfly Handprint Video for an Easy How-to!
How to make Handprint Butterfly Craft
- Start by painting of your childs hands, place hand in the middle of a piece of paper. Press the hand evenly and remove carefully. Let dry.
- Cut out a butterfly shape body out of your corresponding paper. Glue under the handprint to make a butterfly.
- Add small googley eyes and a smile to the head of the butterfly.
- Make small antennas out of a craft pipe cleaner and glue to the top of the butterfly head.
- If using, add colorful gems to the butterfly “wings” for extra fun and color!
For more Butterfly related posts check out these: