As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Mini Lemon Donuts come together quickly by using a cake mix and are topped with a delicious fresh strawberry glaze.
Mini Lemon Donuts
These donuts are not only simple and delicious but they are cute too! Everything is cuter when they are in a mini version right? 🙂 These lemon donuts are made with a lemon cake mix that helps this recipe come together quickly for the mornings that you just don’t have a lot of time. I made these donuts with my mini donut pan that I just love.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS. BIG FLAVOR.
You can easily swap out the lemon cake mix for one of your other favorite flavors like I did with my mini pumpkin donuts or our funfetti cake mix donuts! These mini lemon donuts are so fun for the kids and would make a great brunch item.
CAN I FREEZE DONUT BATTER FOR LATER USE?
YES! Just like when we freeze our cupcake batter, you can freeze the donut batter to be used for a later time. You can also prepare the mini donuts and then freeze them before adding the icing.. Whip up a fresh batch of frosting or roll them in some sugar for a quick snack.
How to make Mini Lemon Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, egg, water, and oil until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large resealable bag or cake decorating bag.
- Squeeze the batter into the baking pan filling each donut hole 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are barely starting to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk all glaze ingredients together until combined.
- Dip donuts into the glaze, allow glaze to set.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable/ canola oil you can also substitute with coconut oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp. pureed strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini donut pan. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, egg, water, and oil until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large resealable bag or cake decorating bag. Squeeze the batter into the baking pan filling each donut hole ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges barely start to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Allow donuts to cool completely before glazing them.
- To prepare the glaze whisk together all ingredients, adding more sugar or milk until desired consistency is met.
- Dip donuts into the glaze, allow to cool for a few minutes so the glaze will set. Dip them a second time if needed.
This so cute, I made it with my kids the other day and it was a great bonding experience with them plus they really really enjoyed the donuts! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
My kids would eat donuts every day if they could! Can’t wait to teach my kids how to make these.
Love these cute little donuts! I made them with my daughter and we just loved them, so delicious!