These Mini Lemon Donuts come together quickly by using a cake mix and are topped with a delicious fresh strawberry glaze.
Mini Lemon Donuts
These donuts are not only simple and delicious but they are cute too! Everything is cuter when they are in a mini version right? 🙂 These lemon donuts are made with a lemon cake mix that helps this recipe come together quickly for the mornings that you just don’t have a lot of time. I made these donuts with my mini donut pan that I just love.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS. BIG FLAVOR.
You can easily swap out the lemon cake mix for one of your other favorite flavors like I did with my mini pumpkin donuts or our funfetti cake mix donuts! These mini lemon donuts are so fun for the kids and would make a great brunch item.
CAN I FREEZE DONUT BATTER FOR LATER USE?
YES! Just like when we freeze our cupcake batter, you can freeze the donut batter to be used for a later time. You can also prepare the mini donuts and then freeze them before adding the icing.. Whip up a fresh batch of frosting or roll them in some sugar for a quick snack.
How to make Mini Lemon Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, egg, water, and oil until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large resealable bag or cake decorating bag.
- Squeeze the batter into the baking pan filling each donut hole 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are barely starting to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk all glaze ingredients together until combined.
- Dip donuts into the glaze, allow glaze to set.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable/ canola oil you can also substitute with coconut oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp. pureed strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini donut pan. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, egg, water, and oil until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large resealable bag or cake decorating bag. Squeeze the batter into the baking pan filling each donut hole ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges barely start to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Allow donuts to cool completely before glazing them.
- To prepare the glaze whisk together all ingredients, adding more sugar or milk until desired consistency is met.
- Dip donuts into the glaze, allow to cool for a few minutes so the glaze will set. Dip them a second time if needed.