“Warm your insides with this delicious Taco Soup that you can make in only 30 minutes! It’s the perfect quick fix dinner!”
One of my favorite fall/winter meals is a bowl of soup! Lately the weather has been starting to cool down and it immediately gets me into the soup making mood. This taco soup is not only simple but tastes delicious too! It’s packed full of hamburger, beans and tomatoes! Over all it will place nice with your waist line too! Don’t get me wrong, I love my cheese filled creamy soups too but this is a nice alternative! My husband is a meat man so the cheddar broccoli soup doesn’t always hit the spot 🙂 My husband also likes to hunt so you could easily swap out the hamburger for venison or even ground turkey!
30 Minute Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground hamburger venison or ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion diced finely
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 15 oz can corn
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans drained
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies
- 1 15 oz. can of diced petite tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup jar salsa
- 1 cup beef broth
- Brown hamburger in a medium saucepan. Add green peppers and onions and saute until slighty tender. Add in the remaining ingredients and allow to simmer on medium/low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- *Add more beef broth as needed- this soup thickens pretty quickly.
- *Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Serve with chips or fresh bread 🙂
Adapted from Taste of Home
What are some of your favorite fall/winter dishes?
For more delicious fall recipes check out these: