Pistachio Pudding Salad: a cool and refreshing treat that will be a hit at any gathering!
This pistachio pudding salad, also known as Watergate salad, is at almost every family function we have. It’s a delicious pudding salad that only requires three simple ingredients and a few hours in the refrigerator. This pistachio pudding salad is perfect for an Easter brunch, Fourth of July picnic or really any get together. I love the flavor and texture the crushed pineapple brings to this dish. I know some people even put mini marshmallows in their pudding salad but we tend to keep them out. Feel free to add a cup if it’s something you want. You can also top this pudding salad with freshly crushed pistachios or cherries. Yummy and simple!
Pistachio Pudding Salad
- 1 3 ounce packet of Pistachio Pudding Mix
- 1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple
- 1 8 ounce container of whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios for garnish
- * you can also add a cup of mini marshmallows if preferred.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the crushed pineapple and pistachio pudding mix until well blended. Fold in the whipped topping. ( You would also add the marshmallows at this point)
- Top with crushed pistachios