Raspberry Coconut Cookies: a delicious raspberry jam filled sandwich cookie with bits of sweet coconut flavor. A pretty cookie perfect for Valentines Day, cookie exchanges, and more!
Raspberry Coconut Cookies
My favorite dessert flavor is anything berry like our triple berry pie, very berry dump cake, and raspberry crescent rolls. These raspberry coconut cookies are a delicious raspberry jam filled cookie with bits of a sweet coconut flavor and a sweet cream filling. It’s a decadent little cookie that is simple to put together and makes a great treat for Valentines Day, cookie exchanges and just when you need a sweet treat.
This treat starts with a delicious cookie that has a touch of shredded coconut in the batter and are cooked into perfect little cookie sandwiches.
How do you make Sandwich Cookies?
Once you have mixed your dough ingredients together you will want to form them into 1 inch balls. Once placed on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper you will want to flatten the mounds of dough with a glass that has been dipped into a small amount of flour.
What kind of filling do you use in your raspberry coconut cookies?
You only need a few simple ingredients to make the filling for these raspberry coconut cookies. It’s a great filling for other cookie sandwiches because it’s not too sweet and pairs well with multiple different kinds of flavors.
- Confectioners sugar
- Vanilla extract
Can I use different flavors of jelly/jam in my sandwich cookies?
While using raspberry preserves/jam is my personal favorite you can most certainly use whatever flavor you like best! I personally think a strawberry or blueberry would taste just as delicious with a coconut flavor.
For more cookie recipes you should try these:
Raspberry Coconut Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetned coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves/jam/jelly
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, coconut, baking powder and salt, gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place on baking sheets and flatten with a glass dipped in flour. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown, begin to check at 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl beat the butter, confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Place ½ tsp preserves and a tsp of filling on the bottom half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies.