As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Goldfish Crispy Cereal Treats are the perfect summer treat! Rice Krispie treats with a touch of blue candy melts, friendly goldfish and sprinkles makes this a fun treat for the kids! They are great for birthday parties, pool parties and more!
Goldfish Crispy Cereal Treats
My boys started swim lessons this summer and they are LOVING it. It’s a “life skill” my husband and I feel is important for them to learn. Not only for safety reasons but also because it’s opens the opportunity for more fun family outings such as the beach, waterpark, friends homes that own pools, etc. They patiently waited until baseball season was over so they could start their next extra activity and don’t most kids just love playing in water? I found a fun way to celebrate their excitement of their swimming lessons and these goldfish crispy cereal treats are perfect! They are such a fun summer treat and go perfectly with our little mermaid cupcakes! They are great for pool parties but also for birthdays and “just because” days as well!
They are cute displayed in a large mason jar on top of a table or you can place each of the goldfish crispy cereal treats in their own individual bags. You can use a candy bag or even saran wrap to wrap around the treat and tie the opening closed with ribbon or jute.
You only need a few fun and kid friendly items to put these goldfish treats together. It’s the perfect snack item to get your kids involved in! Besides heating the chocolate the remainder of the steps are fun and simple enough the kids would love to make their “fishy ocean” scene as well.
Supplies needed for Goldfish Crispy Cereal Treats:
- Rice Krispie Treats (store bought or homemade)
- Goldfish crackers
- Light blue melting chocolate
- Edible pearl sprinkles
- Lollipop sticks, optional
Tips for making Goldfish Crispy Cereal Treats:
- It may cost a bit more but you can save time by using pre-made crispy treats you can find at your local store.
- We like to use the colorful Goldfish crackers but you can use just the regular ones, original or even the mini’s!
- We used a light blue candy melt for our ocean background but feel free to use a soft green or even a darker blue.
- Add pearl sprinkles for the ocean bubbles but if you don’t have these on hand you can either skip that step or use a small amount of white candy melts and add a dot of white icing.
- When you first dip your cereal treats in the melted chocolate the chocolate will be hot. Allow to cool slightly before letting your kids decorate. Work somewhat quickly as the chocolate can harden quickly.
- I like to place my treats in the refrigerator to help the chocolate set faster and to prevent any little fingers from touching too much before the chocolate is hard.
Once your crispy cereal treats are ready and your candy melts are melted you can dip the tops of your crispy cereal treats in the chocolate, making sure to full cover the front of the cereal treat. While the chocolate is still warm and soft, but not hot, you can add your sprinkles, pearls and fish.
At this point you can decide if you want to leave them as is or make them more into a goldfish crispy cereal treat POP 🙂 In my kid’s opinions it’s much more fun to eat something off of a lollipop stick. 🙂 Just make sure your child is old enough to understand how to eat a treat with a pop as a handle. I hope your summer is filled with fun, laughter, and lots of time at the pool! Try these fun goldfish crispy cereal treats and let me know how you celebrate summer!
For more summer ideas for kids try these:
- Little Mermaid Cupcakes
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- S’mores Brownie Pizza
- Diy Watermelon Coasters
- Painted Rocks Photo Holder