As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These rainbow pancakes are a fun breakfast! A simple pancake batter and bright colors turns boring pancakes into a fun morning breakfast for the kids. Make them into pancake pops or the shape of a rainbow!
Pancakes or Waffles are always a requested weekend breakfast. During the week we tend to eat more on-the-go but weekends are our bigger family sit down breakfasts. While we love our peaches & cream oatmeal, baked oatmeal, and our breakfast sandwiches sometimes we like to enjoy some heavier carbs to start our morning. 🙂 These rainbow pancakes are a fun twist on a simple pancake batter.
MINI PANCAKES. BIG FUN!
These rainbow pancake pops are perfect for the kids! We liked to make these rainbow pancakes into a mini version but you can make these pancakes whatever size you prefer. We loved adding a popsicle stick making this a fun breakfast for the little ones.
RAINBOW PANCAKES VIDEO
TIPS FOR THE BEST RAINBOW PANCAKES
How many Rainbow Pops can I Make?
The final amount of pancakes you get will be determined by how big your make them. We got about 80 mini pancakes when making them about 2.5 -3 inches in diameter. Don’t need that many? Feel free to half the below recipe to feed a smaller family.
What food coloring did you use?
I prefer to use a gel food coloring when making these rainbow pancakes. The colors tend to be more vibrant and you typically need less than the liquid variety, but whatever you have on hand will work fine!
My pancakes aren turning light brown, what can I do?
While you definitely want your pancakes to begin cooking as soon as your pour it on the griddle you will want to take a “slow & low” approach so your pancakes don’t get too dark too quickly. Once you see just a few bubbles beginning to form you know it’s time to flip.
HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW PANCAKES
- Begin by making your pancake batter. You can use your favorite base, our homemade batter recipe below, or even a batter made from a box. 🙂
- Once your pancake batter has been mixed divide your batter into 6 bowls. Color bowls individually until you have all the colors of the rainbow. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue & Purple.
- Pour your pancake batter on hot griddle. Our Pancakes were about 2.5-3 inches in diameter but you can make them whatever size you want.
- Place on plate in a rainbow shape and add whipped topping clouds and sprinkles, or stack and insert a popsicle stick for a fun on-the-go easy to carry breakfast.
- 2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 large egg
- Coloring gel
- lollipop stick
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture; whisk just until moistened (do not over mix)
- Separate batter into four bowls and add desired color gel.
- Heat griddle to a medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- For each mini pancake, spoon batter onto skillet. Our pancakes were about 2.5 - 3 inch in diameter.
- Cook until mini pancakes have some bubbles about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until bottom side is finished. Stack a few pancakes and insert a lollipop stick.
Cathy | Lemon Tree Dwelling says
These are adorable! My kids would love them so much!!
Kristen @ The Endless Meal says
These are seriously adorable! Pinned!