One thing my picky eater Jakey will always eat is pancakes and waffles! When I saw these pancakes from No. 2 Pencil I just loved them and knew I wanted to recreate them with a fun Saint Patricks day twist. The rainbow colors in these pancakes weren’t needed to get my son to eat them, but they did make them more fun! I used a simple pancake batter as the base and divided the batter into four separate bowls and then added a small amount of coloring gel in each bowl. My boys just loved eating them off the lollipop sticks.
Rainbow Pancake Pops
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 large egg
- Coloring gel
- lollipop stick
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture; whisk just until moistened (do not over mix)
- Separate batter into four bowls and add desired color gel.
- Heat griddle to a medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- For each mini pancake, spoon 1-2 teaspoons of batter onto skillet.
- Cook until mini pancakes have some bubbles about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until bottom side is finished. Stack a few pancakes and insert a lollipop stick.