As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This strawberries and cream oatmeal is a filling breakfast option. Filled with fresh berries and a splash of cream it’s a perfect morning meal.
Strawberries N’ Cream Oatmeal Recipe
Like our peaches and cream oatmeal, this strawberry version is a filling breakfast option perfect for busy mornings or a weekend breakfast. Filled with rolled oats, fresh strawberries, brown sugar, and a splash of cream it tastes like dessert and is so much better for you than the pre-packaged variety you can buy at the store.
WHAT KIND OF OATS SHOULD I USE?
I prefer to use old fashioned oats/rolled oats as they are heartier and have been processed less than instant oats. However, if you prefer instant you can use those as well. You may just need to adjust the cook time.
CAN I USE FROZEN BERRIES?
While I haven’t tested this recipe with frozen berries I think they will work just fine. I would allow them to slightly thaw and strain the juice before adding them to the cooked hot oatmeal.
- Oats, we use Old Fashioned or Rolled Oats
- Salt, just a dash
- Brown Sugar
- Half & Half
- Fresh Strawberries, chopped and divided
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRIES & CREAM OATMEAL
- Add 1/4 cup of your diced strawberries to a small bowl and smash them with a fork. You just want to release some of the juices.
- In a large microwavable safe bowl mix together your oats, water, smashed strawberries, and dash of salt. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until desired thickness and oats are tender. Microwaves can cook differently. I found that ¾ cups of water was perfect for what I like.
- Half way through cooking check oatmeal and stir. Add a splash more water if it’s thickening too quickly.
- Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar and half and half. You can even add a splash of milk if you like your oatmeal thinner. Top with remaining strawberries and a small drizzle of half and half.
Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced and divided
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar, more if desired
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp half and half you can also use a vanilla coffee creamer
- In a small bowl, mash 1/4 cup of your strawberries to release the juices. Reserve reamining strawberies for topping.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine oats, water, strawberries, and dash of salt.
- Microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes. (Time will vary with microwaves) Watch carefully. I stir the oatmeal half way between cooking time so it doesn’t “explode” or overflow in the microwave. Add a touch more water during cooking if needed.
- Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon
- Top with remaining strawberries and a splash of cream.
Excellent taste and easy to follow. I have made this recipe as described and altered slightly for a more creamy taste. Instead of 3/4 c of water I split the 3/4 cup with equal parts water and half &half.
This recipe was perfect! Thanks