As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemon Raspberry Waffles: a delicious breakfast waffle that is bursting with a fresh lemon flavor and bits of raspberries in every bite.
Lemon Raspberry Waffles
My absolute favorite flavors to blend together are lemon and raspberry and these lemon raspberry waffles are divine! They are a slight variation from our popular lemon coconut poppyseed waffles and are bursting with a lemon flavor and topped with fresh raspberries! We added fresh berries to the batter once it’s poured into the waffle maker to make sure we get a sweet raspberry taste in every bite. Topped with maple syrup and paired with a side of scrambled eggs it’s a delicious breakfast for the weekend or any morning you have some extra time to spare. 🙂
Ingredients for Lemon Raspberry Waffles
- baking agents
- lemon zest
- coconut oil
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh or frozen raspberries
Tips for making Lemon Raspberry Waffles
- Don’t skimp on the lemon zest! The lemon zest really takes these waffles over the top. Make sure you add the lemon zest to the sugar and use your fingers to mix the two together. This helps bring out the juices and the oils from the lemon zest and makes it even more flavorful. A tiny step that doesn’t take a bunch of time but I think adds that extra flavor!
- If you needed to microwave your coconut oil in order to get it to a liquid state make sure you slowly whisk it into the batter so the colder ingredients such as the eggs and milk don’t make it clump. I like to whisk a little milk into the coconut oil to temper it before adding it to the rest of the batter.
3. Add your raspberries after you have poured some batter into the waffle iron. I like to chop my raspberries into smaller pieces and scatter them throughout the batter to ensure there is a sweet raspberry taste in every bite.
4. Not a fan of fresh fruit in your batter? Just leave it out and top it with fresh raspberries instead. Either way you make them it’s delicious!
Lemon Raspberry Waffles
- 3 TBSP sugar
- zest from two lemons
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 TBSP lemon extract, optional
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- raspberries, roughly chopped
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and lemon zest, set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add lemon zest mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice and milk. Combine with dry ingredients. (You can add a touch more milk if batter is too thick)
- Pour into preheated waffle iron and add chopped raspberries. Cook according to waffle iron directions. Serve with syrup and fresh raspberries.
For more delicious breakfast ideas try these:
- Lemon Coconut Poppyseed Waffles
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Can I substitute the coconut oil with butter?
I usually swap the coconut oil with a vegetable oil or canola oil. I personally have not tried swapping with butter but I imagine it would work fine!
Leslie Lang says
Excellent! We devoured these this morning. I didn’t have lemon extract so I used almond extract instead. I also separated the egg yolk and whites, and beat the whites until peaks formed. I added whipped egg whites to the batter last . I recommend adding half the batter scoop to your waffle maker, then adding the raspberries, then pouring the other half of the batter scoop on top. Otherwise your berries might make the pancakes stick to the machine. Really wonderful.
SO glad to hear this! Great tip on adding the batter and then more on top of the raspberries!
These were so delicious — definitely making again!
Aimee Shugarman says
Had these for breakfast yesterday!! My kids LOVED them!!
This is the perfect flavor combo for a Spring brunch! They are beyond delicious!
I love lemon blueberry bread, but I hadn’t ever thought of waffles! Brilliant!
Lemon & raspberry is such a refreshing & delicious combination!! Love adding fruit to waffles. Waffles are our go-to on the weekends! My kids will love these!
My kids love these waffles! The lemon raspberry combo is delicious!
Raspberry-lemon has always been one of my favorite flavor combos and enjoying it in waffle form is pure heaven!
Rachael Yerkes says
these are amazing