As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Peach Blueberry Pie a simple and delicious pie recipe bursting with fresh blueberries and sweet peaches!
Peach Blueberry Pie
If I am given the choice between pie or cake, pie will win hands down every. single. time. While our triple berry pie may be my favorite, this peach blueberry pie comes to a close second. This easy pie recipe is bursting with fresh blueberries and sweet peaches in every single bite and is the taste of all things summer in one delicious pie.
Simple Pie Filling
The peach blueberry pie filling is so easy and uses simple ingredients to draw out the natural sweetness from the peaches and the berries. Sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice are the only ingredients you need to make this pie filling.
Can I use frozen peaches?
I highly suggest using fresh peaches for this recipe. If you choose to try this recipe with frozen peaches be sure to thaw the peaches completely and then drain the liquid and pat dry.
BAKING TIP: Because some peaches are a bit juicier than others, this pie may not have the sturdiness to it like our triple berry pie or apple pie. It will still be equally as delicious! If you feel your pie filling is too juicy you may add a touch more flour before adding it to the pie crust but not too much as it can take away the taste of the berries and peaches.
How to make Lattice Pie Crust
- Take your top crust and roll out into a long rectangle. Cut into 1/2 -1 inch strips. The width depends on the thickness you like. I cut out about 12-14 strips, if you don’t want your lattice crust to be as tight you can make less strips like we did in our triple berry pie.
- Once you cut your strips place 6-7 strips on your pie about 1/2 in. to 3/4 in. apart.
- Lightly fold up every other strip and lay a strip of dough underneath (Horizontally)
- Fold those strips back down and lift the alternating ones. Repeating with laying another strip of dough down and repeat until pie is finished.
- Trim excess and seal with a fork or fingers.
Peach Blueberry Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 3 cups sliced and peeled peaches
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Double Pie crust, store bought or homemade
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg beaten
- cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of your dough and place in a 9-in. pie plate. Add filling to crust. Dot with butter
- Roll out remaining pie crust and lay in a lattice pattern * see above post for how to instructions.
- Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with beaten egg, very carefully..don’t want cooked egg on the filling :)wire rack.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. You may need to add a piece of foil near the end so the crust doesn’t get too brown.
- Cool on a a wire rack.
Leave a Reply