As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Cake Mix Pumpkin Crumb Cake is full of flavor and stays moist for days!
I think I need to start this post with a warning: this cake is delicious and i’m talking about the “you might want to eat the whole pan” deliciousness. I actually ate one piece the day I made it, had my husband set aside one more piece for the following day and told him to take it to work so we didn’t eat it all, which really we could have. I used Pillsbury Classic/Traditional Yellow Cake Mix as my base and I really think the pairing of this boxed cake mix and pumpkin puree is what helped this cake keep it’s moistness.
The crumb topping is my favorite. Not only is there a nice thick layer on the top but there is thin layer hidden inside. You know, for that extra bite of sweetness. The flavors of cinnamon, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice is exactly what you would expect when you bite into a delicious fall dessert.
Cake Mix Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- 1 package Pillsbury yellow cake mix mix only, not prepared
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- CRUMB TOPPING
- 1¼ cups flour
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup butter 8 tablespoons, chilled and cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix under crumbly. Set aside.
FOR THE CAKE
- Combine cake mix, egg, sour cream, pumpkin puree melted butter, spices and vanilla and mix until combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Spread half the cake batter in the bottom of the greased baking dish. The batter will be thick so just do you best. Sprinkle with half of the crumble mixture. Grease a rubber spatula and gently spread the remaining batter over the crumble ( again it doesn't need to be perfect) Top with remaining crumble.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.
This post was brought to you by Pillsbury Baking. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Made to be a Momma possible.